Cake Decorating Forums

7,423 views, 0 by Kelle's Cakes

Kelle's Cakes

Advice on making edible Lego figures

Hi! I’m new to the site and excited to be here! I can’t wait to start posting my pictures :-) I do need your help, though… I am working on a cake order that’s coming up and am wondering if there is an easier way to make edible Lego figures. The...

1,019 views, 0 by Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Help with cake saying

I am doing a bithday cake for an 18 year old microbiology major. Her mom told me that she is “quirky and sarcastic with a weird sense of humor.” So I am doing a bacteria and viruses cake. I’m going to make figures of various bacteria and diseases...

1,199 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

sale on Fondx brand fondant at Sweet Wise

just wanted to make sure everyone knew that Sweetwise.com is having a super sale on fondx brand fondant. you can get color 2lb tubs for 7.99 (plus shipping) and white 10lb tub for 23.49 (plus shipping). Sweet Wise has been having some awesome...

3,600 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Fondant: what brand do you prefer

Hey everyone, I have been using the wilton brand fondant (only started decorating a few months ago), but someone told me there is better out there. I wanted to get some insight on what brand fondant you prefer and why? Also, do you prefer...

1,031 views, 1 by Rita's Cakes

Rita's Cakes

Where does everyone buy the supplies?

I was wondering where everyone bought their cake supplies online?

1,852 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Duff Airbrush Problem

I bought the Duff airbrush back in Dec. I used it maybe 2 times. When Im done using it, each time I clean it and store it in a little basket. I went to use it today…and it doesnt work. Im soooooooooooooooooooo upset. I no longer have my...

1,837 views, 0 by Slice of Sweet Art

Slice of Sweet Art

Help! Chocolate & Nut Allergies!!!!

I have a few cake orders coming up with known nut allergies and they want chocolate cake and/or chocolate butter cream, however, all the chocolate I’ve worked with have a disclaimer on their packaging that states the product is processed on...

1,292 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Stabilizing Whipped Cream

I’m doing a whipped cream cake tomorrow. I use the “No Weep” Whipped Cream recipe which is 1 pint of heavy whipping cream 2 TBLS of dry instant vanilla pudding powder 1 tsp of powder sugar (I use 1.5 TBLSP of powder sugar and whip...

1,437 views, 0 by Sandy

Sandy

Damask on buttercream

Hello everyone. Can anyone share secrects and how tos on how to stencil with the damask stencil. Also where can thy stencil be purchased and reasonable prices???

1,180 views, 0 by weeali

Need some advice please on stacking cake sideways

HI I’m new here I need a bit of advice. I have a customer who wants a cake with a wonky heart shape cake stacked , one flat and the top one on it’s side – well the top really and have no idea if it’s possible. Please can someone assist also i...

7,659 views, 1 by Justbakedcakes

Justbakedcakes

Diaper bag cake

Hi all!! I’m searching for instructions for making a diaperbag cake! I know there are different ways to make one so I’m willing to see what you guys have got!! I have 2 weeks until the cake is due! Thank in advance for any instructions =)

1,573 views, 0 by RBsCakes

Painting cake with food paste colours?

I cannot use vodka or any other form of alcohol in my cakes. Hence, painting a cake has become challenging for me. I tries water but the result was horrible. I considered using oil but was not sure if it would stay. I also need a liquid option to...

983 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Cake Stacking

I am making a single layer sheet cake for a bachelorette party with a …….. 14?x5? ahem……male appendage on top. Will I need to add bubble tea straws for support? My next question is….if I do, when they remove the “male appendage” will it...

1,575 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Male abdomen cake: Help!

Hello everyone, I am new here, and fairly new at cake decorating. I hope you can help me out with this one. I have been asked to make a man’s ripped abs cake for a guy who really loves his body. I only have a week to do it. I have looked all...

1,032 views, 0 by Chrissy

Chrissy

Fondant figures

Hey all! I have a question about fndant figures. I have no idea how to price them! I have an order for three separate 6 inch grad. Cakes. Each with a fondant figure in a cap and gown. Do you charge a separate price for the topper?? Any...

798 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Unanswered Topic Archive?

Hi Michal! I frequent the unanswered topics on the forums trying to help anyone I can with a unanswered question. I noticed as the site grows so does the unanswered topics, was wondering if maybe unanswered topics should expire after so long and...

966 views, 0 by Juci Luci's Cupcake Factory

Juci Luci's Cupcake Factory

Hi everyone in the new Cake website

Im hoping this will be a great place to visit!

862 views, 0 by elizabeth

elizabeth

fondant icing a 6" high sponge help :)

hi everyone,was wondering if anyone could give me some tips,i have stacked 2 8"inch cakes togther,i have put a thin board between the cakes and buttercream them all toghter,i have put a dowel through the middle,as i got to put a 6"inch single...

3,673 views, 0 by Shikha

Shikha

Eggless Swiss meringue Butter Cream Recipe

Hello, Please help me , I need to make Swiss meringue Butter Cream, but my family doesnt eat eggs. Please does anyone know how to make swiss meringue butter cream without using eggwhites.. Thank you

1,408 views, 0 by FiasCreations

FiasCreations

Facebook Business Page Help?

Good Morning Cakes Decor Family, Can someone guide me How to LIKE fellow cake decorators Business pages from my Facebook page?? I have sent 6 emails to Facebook team to help me but no emails from their end :(. Unfortunately I don’t have a...