Cake Decorating Forums

1,547 views, 0 by Sheryl BITO

Sheryl BITO

An Interesting Read - Social Norms in the Cake Design Community

Hello everyone, I came across this article recently and I think it’s an interesting point of view by the author. It’s a lengthy one too. (Here’s the original link to the article) Social Norms in the Cake Design Community As part of my...

5,990 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

How to achieve a "cranberry" colored icing?

Help! How do I achieve a cranberry/hot pink color? I’m trying to match this ribbon….. Thank you!!

3,146 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

scaling recipes up and down

Ok guys…..so am wanting to try out new cake recipes….my question is….if I’ve found a good one, for say an 8" round…how do I scale it up or down to make other sizes?? Is there a formula out there anyone knows of??? Cheers, Sasha

4,798 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Interviews #2 - Aldoska

Aldoska is a mother of 3 kids, lives with her husband and her two sons in a small village in Czech Republic, Europe. She is happily married and the family is always on the first place in her life. She works as a teacher in special class for...

892 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

help on creating rosebuds

I need help on creating rosebuds on a cake. Is there any good videos or sites i can look to help me?

2,029 views, 4 by Becky Pendergraft

Becky Pendergraft

Chocolate Espresso Cupcake Recipe

In honor of Valentine’s Day, thought I’d share what is my ABSOLUTE favorite chocolate cupcake recipe – my super-moist chocolate espresso! I have paired this delectable cupcake with so many different flavors of frostings – peppermint white...

3,783 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

Help! need a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe

i have been in search of a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe since i started doing cakes. all the ones i’ve tried have been good, but nothing that blew me away. most recipes i have seen call for milk or cream. however, i need one the does...

2,554 views, 0 by Evelyn Vargas

Evelyn Vargas

Watermarks!!!

Hello everyone just wanted to share some very important information. Please be sure to watermark all your cake images. There is a women on Facebook who has been stealing peoples cake images and adding her watermark to them and posting them on her...

1,451 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Fondant

Which brand of fondant do you prefer and why? Is there a way to flavor fondant?

2,191 views, 0 by Meghan Smith

Meghan Smith

Suggestions on the BEST affordable camera??

I desperately need a new camera to take pictures of my cakes….. I am definately no camera whiz and want to make a good investment that is not so difficult that I won’t be able to figure out how to use it!! BUT….I want good clear pictures of my...

1,015 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Support for Embellishments

I’m making a cake for a friend of a friend and I am putting a gum paste airplane on top. It will be a fondant covered cake and I will also have some other (mostly flat) embellishments on it. What I’m wondering is would I need to put a support...

2,798 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Almond Bark Chocolate Molding Clay?

Kind of new to molding clay, only used it once but was wondering if anyone has used almond bark in place of candy melts?

1,432 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Ah!!! My First Wedding Cake order...

I just confirmed my first wedding cake order and I’m super excited and nervous about it! They want simple and vintage and it for around 150 people. I made it clear I am a new decorator and I’ll only be able to do certain designs and they are ok...

1,070 views, 0 by metria

metria

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Snickerdoodle Cookies adapted from Joy of Baking Ingredients: 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ...

7,578 views, 0 by Lisa-Jane Fudge

Lisa-Jane Fudge

"What do you use to attach ribbon to the cake board???"

I have asked this question also on my facebook page. I am desperate for a good solution. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I use double sided tape. But in humid and hot weather, it can be a real pain in the you know what!!

1,010 views, 1 by Tammy

Tammy

Making your own cake flour?

has anyone tried to make their own cake flour? if so does it work like the store kind? i currently purchase Swans Down from Wal-mart, but it can get a little pricey. i was looking up places online that will sell in bulk but didn’t find many...

4,300 views, 0 by Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Help with Modeling Chocolate

I usually make my figures/flowers out of gumpaste and fondant but I wanted to try something new so I decided why not try modeling chocolate. After 4 failed attempts at making the chocolate myself I ended up buying a tub of it from Global Sugar...

1,613 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

When is the Michal Bulla Interview?

Alright Michal, correct me if I’m wrong but you did make this site right? So when are we going to see a Michal Bulla interview and learn a little more about you and what made you start this awesome site! :D

2,093 views, 0 by Alecia

Alecia

Advice/tips for grooms cake

Hi everybody! I’m new here and fairly new at cake decorating as well. I have some questions about an upcoming grooms cake I’m doing for my brother in law. He’s into photography, hiking and Irish music. I originally wanted to somehow...

2,555 views, 0 by BeesNees

BeesNees

Cake heights

Hi all Am wondering what others do in terms of cake/tier heights. Am curious about a number of things….In general… 1. What height do you aim to make a finished cake? 2. What height is the baked cake, before filling and icing? (i.e. how much...