Cake Decorating Forums

1,305 views, 1 by Jillycakes

How does everyone "finish" their cakes?

How do you shine everything up and not run the colors??

26,012 views, 22 by Becky Pendergraft

Becky Pendergraft

Tips On Achieving Crisp Edges with Fondant?

Hi, All! So hoping to get some advice on this :) I’ve been doing cakes for almost two years now and am pretty happy with my overall fondant covering skills – I can achieve a nice, overall clean look – HOWEVER – my cakes lack that extreme sharp,...

1,494 views, 0 by cookiedoescake

cookiedoescake

Very nice site

I just found this site and I am really excited to see it grow. I have a lot to learn and look forward to learining it here.

3,054 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

"The Mat" from sweetwise?

Just wondering if any fellow cakers have used “the Mat” from sweetwise? And if so what you thought of it. I have just ordered one and I am really excited. Also if anyone that has used it has any advice feel free to pass it along! Thanks

4,698 views, 0 by Susan

Susan

Harry Potter cake

I need to do a Harry Potter cake. Client wants the 4 crests and the golden snitch in the center. Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated. I am more concerned with the crests.

5,646 views, 1 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

Help on giant cupcake

Does anyone have tips on how to decorate and/or frost a giant cupcake?

925 views, 0 by Fazia

Fazia

Cake Boxes

Hello fellow decorators! Quick question for you all. When you make cakes larger than 10", or tiered cakes, where do you get boxes to hold your cakes during delivery, or when a customer is picking it up? I always have a hard time finding boxes...

3,641 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

clear fondant smoother

ok, i saw this YouTube video and i really want these fondant smoothers, but can’t find them any where in the US. here is the video link: ...

3,360 views, 0 by Bridget

Bridget

How to make a 3 tier wedding cake?!

I have never made a wedding cake, does anyone have a how to video / recipe for the cake, aNy help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

1,132 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - $100 cash winner

Today is the last day of our CakesDecor welcome contest and it’s time to announce the winner of $100 cash for the best cake in the last 30 days. When I was announcing the first winner of our cakesdecor T-shirt 2 months ago, we had 158 members....

779 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

A Giveaway!!

Since you are all die-hard cake and cookie decorators I wanted to share a little giveaway with you! I’m currently running a giveaway on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baking-Sheet/210664827961 We have a number of very...

1,469 views, 0 by Karen

Karen

Need Tiered Cakes boxes?

bakeabox.com just released a tiered cake box and it’s affordable. Check them out. They have all sorts of cake boxes for your business.

1,103 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

PME Tips

I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about the PME tips. the PME tips are super expensive to order, but i do a lot of cookies (you can see my work on my page) with fine detail and the wilton and ateco just aren’t cutting it. the ateco...

1,259 views, 0 by Monique Kleine

Monique Kleine

Fondant Trimming

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any tips for trimming fondant away from the cake once it is covered? I ALWAYS manage to tear it or take off too much and was wondering if there was a secret tip I don’t know about! The videos make it...

2,023 views, 0 by Carrie Freeman

Carrie Freeman

Pricing Help!!

I started my business 6 months ago and the one thing I have trouble with is pricing. I made 2 military cakes for a lady and I believe what I charged was fair, but the lady acted like it was too much. If you could go to my page and look at the 2...

1,063 views, 1 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Banana Cake

Hi, Bakers, I need a FABULOUS banana cake recipe for cupcakes – I’m doing an anniversary cupcake tower and lots of people will be in attendance at this party (awesome for networking) – LOL. All recipes will be welcome… :)

845 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 8th week winner

Last week we were about to announce the last winner of our stylish T-shirt. Since it was Christmas holiday, we decided to do the random draw one week later. Here is the 8th week random winner of CakesDecor Welcome Contest funfetti ...

2,421 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I would like to thank you all for helping to make this site a great resource of cake decorating inspiration and the place where we can chat with our friends. Seeing this site blossom has been the best Christmas present I could get! I hope in the...

809 views, 0 by sweetonyou

sweetonyou

My photo won't upload

I’m trying to add a photo but it looks like it just keeps trying to upload without ever finishing. Anyone know why?

784 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I would like to thank all the baker friends I’ve made throughout 2011 for their support, tips and advice on how to be the best cake designer I can be. May 2012 be everything you want it to be and may we continue to be a family of cake creators...