Cake Decorating Forums

6,059 views, 1 by Lynn Todd

Mickey mouse

Any one know of a tutorial for a gumpaste mickey mouse?

1,499 views, 0 by Anne-Marie

Fondant in the Refrigerator

Has anyone had a problem with condensation when putting their Fondant Cakes in the refrigerator?

1,932 views, 0 by Michelle

Michelle

KopyKake: Who uses them and what do you use them for?

I am looking into purchasing a KopyKake projector. I am a beginner at cake decorating and I am trying to find easier ways to make accents with fondant. As it is now I cut our a pattern, place it on the fondant and cut out the pattern with very...

3,709 views, 0 by Miriam

Miriam

What Happenned To My Cake?

This is the first time baking this chocolate fruitcake (or any fruitcake for that matter). When I got them out of the tin/s this morning (left overnight to cool in the tins) and turned them upside down they both have large dents in the...

10,000 views, 0 by Michelle Amore Cakes

Michelle Amore Cakes

"Blending" fondant

Hi, I am trying and make this Mickey Mouse figurine by Torte in Pasta di Zucchero Sugar Factory and she “blends” the mouth piece of fondant with the “eye” piece of fondant so there are no lines. Is anyone able to explain to me how...

1,694 views, 0 by Elin

Elin

Tutorials

Yesterday I got into this pinterest thing and linked up to a lot and lot of tutorials out there. Maybe it can be usefull for anyone else than me too :) http://pinterest.com/elinrajadurai/tutorials-figures/ I also have a couple of tutorials on...

1,556 views, 0 by Donna Tokazowski- Cake Hatteras, Hatteras N.C.

Donna Tokazowski- Cake Hatteras, Hatteras N.C.

Let's talk Mixers: whatcha got, whatcha love, whatcha hate?

I’ll start. I’ve burned out my second Kitchen Aid in less then a year. My first kitchen aid 5qt lasted over 25 years, and it’s still running. (I gave it to a friend) My husband replaced it for me with a refurbished 6qt about ten years ago. It...

834 views, 0 by Angelica

Angelica

Looking for.......

Several months ago I saw several pictures of some cupcake cakes (pull apart cakes) that had tissue paper on the sides as decoration. I thought the decorator was on FB, I looked through all of my “Likes”, and came up with nothing. I’ve Googled,...

2,035 views, 0 by BellaCakes & Confections

BellaCakes & Confections

Egg Free, Dairy Free Vanilla Cake Recipe! Help!?!

I have been asked to do an egg free dairy free cake for a little girls birthday party next weekend. I have tried 3 recipes that I found online. But, none of them where very good. Does anyone know Of a recipe thats great? I would be forever...

9,244 views, 1 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Cake mix vs. Cake from scratch

I realized that a lot of people use cake mixes versus making the cake from scratch. I’m wondering what is your preference here on Cakesdecor.com and why?

899 views, 0 by Lainie

Lainie

Vegan baking

Hi fellow cakers! I’ve had a recent request to make vegan pastries. Can anyone point me to a good resource for vegan recipes please? thank you in advance!

672 views, 0 by countrybumpkincakes

countrybumpkincakes

marzipan for 6 large battenbergs

*how much marzipan will i need to cover *six 6″×12″ battenberg wedding cakes….?

2,443 views, 0 by Shirley Jones

Shirley Jones

Nut free Sugar paste ?

Hi, I’ve been asked to do a cake for a young boy who has a bad nut allergy he cannot eat products that have been made in a factory that uses nuts so im having real bother sourcing some sugar paste for his muppet’s cake. apart from making my own...

14,151 views, 0 by Maria Davis

Maria Davis

Carrots turning green in carrot cakes!

I have only baked less than a dozen carrot cakes over the past 2 years. The last 3 that I made (over the course of a few months), the carrots turned green after baking. I’ve googled this and learned that it’s a chemical reaction, but haven’t read...

3,149 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Negative feedback

Has any of you ever received a negative feedback about your work? If so how did it make you feel, and how did you handle it? I just got one and I feel very bad about. It makes me want to dig a hole and hide. I made a cake for someone the past...

1,161 views, 0 by Brittany

Brittany

How do you handle it??

Have you ladies ever had someone be under you, watch you, and ask questions just so that they could steal business from you? What I don’t understand is, why not just ask for what you want to know? I like to help people w/ whatever I know [someone...

909 views, 0 by Cakelicious_Luzern

Wedding Cake Question...

Hello Everyone, I am hoping someone can help me here. I am just staring out. I am making my first wedding cake: it is for 90 people and I am not sure what to charge since it is my first wedding. Any ideas on how to go about this? My other...

1,038 views, 0 by Margie

Has anyone else received this e-mail?

I receive an e-mail from someone who saw my posts here, and she said she would like to get to know me better, and would not want to do so thru the public posting. She left her e-mail, but I did not open it or copy it down (dummy) I just marked...

1,782 views, 0 by The Cake Boutique Manila

Help! Construction advice needed for an "illusion" cake

hi cake friends! I’m making a circus themed cake for a friend’s daughter. My idea is to make a circus ring with a strong man standing on top balancing a circus tent with his hands over his head. I just need some reassurance on how I am planning...

2,339 views, 0 by marlyn rivera

marlyn rivera

can you help me find good cake to cover with fondant?

hi everyone! i been using a chocolate cake to cover with fondant…but sadly my fondant just teared apart and starting to melt….and my cake looks like melting too..can i use any kind of cake to cover with fondant? here is the recipe i am using...