Cake Decorating Forums

1,441 views, 0 by Sandy

Sandy

Damask on buttercream

Hello everyone. Can anyone share secrects and how tos on how to stencil with the damask stencil. Also where can thy stencil be purchased and reasonable prices???

1,184 views, 0 by weeali

Need some advice please on stacking cake sideways

HI I’m new here I need a bit of advice. I have a customer who wants a cake with a wonky heart shape cake stacked , one flat and the top one on it’s side – well the top really and have no idea if it’s possible. Please can someone assist also i...

7,674 views, 1 by Justbakedcakes

Justbakedcakes

Diaper bag cake

Hi all!! I’m searching for instructions for making a diaperbag cake! I know there are different ways to make one so I’m willing to see what you guys have got!! I have 2 weeks until the cake is due! Thank in advance for any instructions =)

1,579 views, 0 by RBsCakes

Painting cake with food paste colours?

I cannot use vodka or any other form of alcohol in my cakes. Hence, painting a cake has become challenging for me. I tries water but the result was horrible. I considered using oil but was not sure if it would stay. I also need a liquid option to...

993 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Cake Stacking

I am making a single layer sheet cake for a bachelorette party with a …….. 14?x5? ahem……male appendage on top. Will I need to add bubble tea straws for support? My next question is….if I do, when they remove the “male appendage” will it...

1,580 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Male abdomen cake: Help!

Hello everyone, I am new here, and fairly new at cake decorating. I hope you can help me out with this one. I have been asked to make a man’s ripped abs cake for a guy who really loves his body. I only have a week to do it. I have looked all...

1,038 views, 0 by Chrissy

Chrissy

Fondant figures

Hey all! I have a question about fndant figures. I have no idea how to price them! I have an order for three separate 6 inch grad. Cakes. Each with a fondant figure in a cap and gown. Do you charge a separate price for the topper?? Any...

804 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Unanswered Topic Archive?

Hi Michal! I frequent the unanswered topics on the forums trying to help anyone I can with a unanswered question. I noticed as the site grows so does the unanswered topics, was wondering if maybe unanswered topics should expire after so long and...

974 views, 0 by Juci Luci's Cupcake Factory

Juci Luci's Cupcake Factory

Hi everyone in the new Cake website

Im hoping this will be a great place to visit!

864 views, 0 by elizabeth

elizabeth

fondant icing a 6" high sponge help :)

hi everyone,was wondering if anyone could give me some tips,i have stacked 2 8"inch cakes togther,i have put a thin board between the cakes and buttercream them all toghter,i have put a dowel through the middle,as i got to put a 6"inch single...

3,713 views, 0 by Shikha

Shikha

Eggless Swiss meringue Butter Cream Recipe

Hello, Please help me , I need to make Swiss meringue Butter Cream, but my family doesnt eat eggs. Please does anyone know how to make swiss meringue butter cream without using eggwhites.. Thank you

1,418 views, 0 by FiasCreations

FiasCreations

Facebook Business Page Help?

Good Morning Cakes Decor Family, Can someone guide me How to LIKE fellow cake decorators Business pages from my Facebook page?? I have sent 6 emails to Facebook team to help me but no emails from their end :(. Unfortunately I don’t have a...

8,756 views, 0 by gemmascakes

gemmascakes

Fondant cracking and fondant sagging

Can someone please help! I’m self taught and I just had my first disaster. Well to be honest, two in one day. I made my first three tier cake and when I delivered it, the bottom cake looked horrible! It looked smashed! I put supports in each tier...

3,032 views, 0 by Kendra Hicks

Kendra Hicks

Barn Wedding. June. Buttercream. HELP

I have a wedding coming up in June that will take place outdoors in a barn. The theme is rustic elegance and the bride likes the look of the “messy-iced” cakes that are becoming popular in part, because of Pinterest. I’ve attached a picture to...

8,684 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Edible Images made at home?

Hi everyone! Was wondering if any of you do your own edible images from home and how you like it? I don’t want to purchase a crazy edible printer system. They are crazy expensive but was wondering if anyone bought edible printer ink and used it...

1,051 views, 1 by Bridgette

Bridgette

Vegan Bakers?

Do any of you bake vegan?

1,207 views, 0 by Margie

receipe for coconut cupcake

Made these delish cocout cupcakes, with fill them with a cream and now need a frosting, any suggestions

815 views, 0 by Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Recipes.. Write your own or use others?

Hi everyone! I am relatively new to cake decorating (I have been doing it for family and myself for a few years now but in the last few months I have actually started charging for cakes and getting orders yay!) This will probably be the first of...

1,049 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

whipped ganache

Hi guys….has anyone got a recipe for a good whipped ganache??? I’ve read lots of different ones on-line with varying ratios and viewpoints on weather or not to refrigerate before whipping?!! Thanks, Sasha

1,529 views, 1 by Paula

Teaching cake art from home, thoughts, ideas?

Has anyone ever thought of that. Since baking from home is illegal in some places like where i live in CA. I thought i would have a cake art studio in my house and teach art class that way. That way the people I teach are baking not me. I have...