Cake Decorating Forums

4,160 views, 0 by zaib

iphone cake tips

Hi . i am a newbie to cake decorating . can anyone please share a tutorial of how to make an iphone cake . thank you.

1,544 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Want to start cake decorating business

Hi All, I want to start a cake decorating business, but I am not sure how to start a home based cake business that will make a profit. How long does it take to see profit? Do most of you cakers keep your day job? Just basically want to know...

2,216 views, 1 by CathyC

CathyC

Stacking

I could really use some help. I could use some tips for successful stacking. I’ve noticed that sometimes my cakes come out a little uneven, do you have any tips for perfect stacking? Thanks.

10,636 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

fondant vs buttercream price

When pricing cakes, do you all charge more for fondant vs buttercream or swiss buttercream? Id like to start making some fondant cake but I dont want to make it. I think buying the Satin Ice Fondant would be ok for me to use, however then I...

988 views, 0 by StuckOnTheFarm

good firm recipe for ball cake?

Hello! I am going to attamt my first teapot cake with the winton ball pan. I m concerned about the cake holing it’s shape. Does anyone have a good recipe to share for this kind of shape? Any other tips for a teapot cake? Any help is very much...

907 views, 0 by Karen

Karen

What camera are you using.

I have a nikon dslr camera and looking for a small compact camera with great quality. Can anyone suggest a couple.

1,917 views, 0 by Lailaa

Lailaa

Cake Cricut Mini

Hi Everyone, So My Lovely Niece just bought me a Cake Cricut for my Birthday!!! I Have Not used it yet but I Alreadly love it LOL. I was wondering if any of you have experience with Cake Cricuts? If so will it be possible for me to use edible...

1,953 views, 0 by MommyJan

phineas and ferb

Hello cakers, anybody has any idea how to do phineas and ferb character? thanks in advance…

2,009 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

grease proof cupcake liners

hi all can anyone help me, I am looking for some really nice colorful or even peacock themed cupcake liners that are grease proof for a wedding I am doing this summer. If anyone has a place they order them from that the could recommend that would...

5,256 views, 0 by marlyn rivera

marlyn rivera

how to lessen the sweetness of fondant

Most of my customer said that fondant is too sweet. I’m using mmf and i also tried to use the homemade fondant(the one with glucose ingredient), both are too sweet for me! I was thinking that fondant is really sweet and was made for people who...

7,198 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Question about Practicing Cake Decorating Techniques

I know that my question my sound strange, but what is the best way to learn cake techniques and did you all learn them in any particular order. How often do you practice and when practicing do you always use real cakes or foam cake dummies? ...

1,481 views, 0 by Little Cherry

Little Cherry

Advanced Cake classes

anyone know of any? I recently missed an awesome one which I wasnt able to attend due to multiple reasons, travel, money, too busy etc It was a class with Kaysie Lackey. Im just wondering if anyone knows of anyone in the UK who runs classes...

759 views, 0 by Rita's Cakes

Rita's Cakes

How to post pics from iPad.

Does anyone know how to post a cake pic from your iPad? Thanks so much!

1,408 views, 0 by paula0712

In search of a good gluten free chocolate cake recipe for wedding cake

I’ve seen some really nice cakes made on here made from gf recipes! I have an order for a gf chocolate wedding cake and can’t find a recipe! Would anyone be willing to share theirs? Thank you in advance!

18,728 views, 0 by SongbirdSweets

SongbirdSweets

Mixer turning white frosting grey

When I try to make Swiss Meringue Butter Cream Icing my Kitchen Aid is turn the frosting grey every time. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. Sometimes this happens with my vanilla cake mix too.

2,487 views, 0 by cheryl arme

cheryl arme

air brushing fondant

Hi everyone! How long does it take for airbrushed food color to dry before you can airbrush more. Thanks!

1,189 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

What are your top 3 favorite decorating tools?

If you had to pick 3 tools you couldn’t live without what would you pick? Mine are: 1) Ateco Silicone Fondant Mat 2) My clay gun 3) A sharp X-Acto Knife I’m curious what others would pick!

1,359 views, 0 by Frost it Fancy Cakes

Frost it Fancy Cakes

Stenciling

Hello my fellow cakers, I have been trying to put a stencil on buttercream, and for the life of me with no success. I do use a crusting buttercream. If any of you would have any suggestions that would be greatly apprieciated? = )

3,589 views, 0 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Fading fondant

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to prevent fondant (especially hot pink) from fading? It’s so frustrating. I start out with hot pink and by the time I’m finished with the cake, it’s almost pale pink!

1,760 views, 0 by Mikooklin's Cakery

Mikooklin's Cakery

Transporting a 3 tiered cake

Hi I have been searching online and need to know where to find a box that will fit a 14 in square bottom tiered cake. I plan on using a 6in round, 10 and 14 in square pans. I’m not real keen on having to transport them in separate boxes and was...