Cake Decorating Forums

805 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I would like to thank all the baker friends I’ve made throughout 2011 for their support, tips and advice on how to be the best cake designer I can be. May 2012 be everything you want it to be and may we continue to be a family of cake creators...

1,635 views, 0 by tortacouture

tortacouture

Credit where credit is due

OK, so this is a rant of sorts, but this kind of this infuriates me! If you use another cake decorators cake as inspiration, or hell, if you blatantly copy it, would it really kill people to at least acknowledge that they’ve done so? A quick...

892 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 7th week winner

This week was really special – we have posted our first CakesDecor Interview with Peggy Does Cake and I think it was very successful and inspirational. I’m looking forward to read the next one. *Here is the 7th week random winner of CakesDecor...

1,134 views, 0 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

Beautiful on the Inside

I have seen where some of you have used a different colored cake in a particular shape inside your cake and it looks amazing when cut into. (a heart, a clover…) Well, I think I am ready to try this but I have no idea how y’all do it! Do any of...

2,609 views, 0 by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes

only have devils food mixes..Can I make into Red Velvet...How?

Okay…I live in Canada and we can’t get DH red velvet mixes here.My mom always brings them back for me when she is in the US..However I only have 1 mix left..I need 52 cupcakes for an order…I read somewhere that you can turn Devils food mixes into...

1,759 views, 0 by Rita's Cakes

Rita's Cakes

Cricut Cake

Does anyone use the cricut cake for the cakes or cookies they make?

2,640 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

need a quick pour icing recipe

hi everyone! has anyone tried/have a quick pour icing recipe. i would be using it to ice cookies and need it to dry to a hard finish like royal icing. thanks so much for the help!

1,359 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 5th week - $100 cash winner

After one month of our CakesDecor welcome contest, we’ve reached 511 members, 2051 comments and 2649 cakes. It was really great month and I hope that December will be at least as great as November. And here is the random winner of our...

1,584 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Orange pineapple filling

Does anyone out there have a good orange pineapple filling recipe? Or a site with filling recipes? Thanks Tara

1,190 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Dummy cakes

I have a customer that is interested in the piped rosette style cake but wants two tiers to be fake. Just wondering if anyone out there has ever done frosting like that on a dummy cake. I have used fondant but never just icing. I am wondering if...

2,548 views, 0 by artisticicingcake

artisticicingcake

How do you make Chocolate Characters/Pictures?...

Hello everyone :-) First post here… Love the website! Hopefully I can get an answer to my question :-) I’ve seen these on quite a few cakes. It looks like color flow, but with chocolate… Can someone please explain to me how this is...

4,528 views, 0 by cookiedoescake

cookiedoescake

coffee mug cake

Does anyone have any advice on making a cake that looks like a mug of coffee?

1,191 views, 0 by Tanuja

seeking a job as an assistant for a cake decorator

Hi all , I am a self learner and i have a passion for cake decorating…….i have made cakes for all the family funtions and for frinds as well…….I am settled in brisbane and would like to work for a cake decorator as an assistant……..if anybody...

1,721 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Hi guys, I’ve yet to try making SMBC, at the mo I use the standard recipe of butter/icing sugar……however, am keen to try it out and see what all the fuss is about!! Can anyone share a good recipe and let me know how to go about flavouring it,...

796 views, 0 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

500 Members!

We are now over 500 cake decorators!!! Congratulations CakesDecor and Michal!

3,765 views, 1 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest

To celebrate the official launch of our CakesDecor.com, we’re excited to announce the CakesDecor Welcome Contest to reward our first active members… Every week we’ll be giving away one CakesDecor T-shirt (see image below). On December 5 and...

941 views, 0 by Little Cherry

Little Cherry

Excited

Hi guys! Just wanted to say Im so excited to be here….on a brand new site! It has so many members already and it will be fantastic to see how it grows right from the beginning! There are some fantastic cakes being uploaded so far and im just...

1,379 views, 0 by Sandra's cakes

Sandra's cakes

Silicone Moulds

I have just ought some small silicone moulds from ebay, they arrived this morning, but they really smell awful, I checked the listing & it does say they are suitable for sugarpaste, I have emailed the seller but was wondering if anyone knows...

1,365 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 4th week winner

We are in the middle of our CakesDecor Welcome Contest and it’s time to select the 4th week random winner. We’re still growing and now we have 476 cake decorators to choose from. I’m looking forward to reach the milestone 500 members. The 4th...

2,200 views, 0 by Sandy

Sandy

LEGOS

Hello all my cake friends. My baby boy will be turning 8 in December and he LOVES Legos. Can anyone help with ideas for a cake. I am feeling a bit challenged.