Cake Decorating Forums

1,178 views, 0 by KsCakes

Creating an eagle cake!

Hi. I have been asked to create an eagle cake. I have researched other peoples eagle cakes and possible ways of doing it and there is only one design that I like enough. This uses coconut strands for the head feathers and to create the...

4,021 views, 0 by pearleescakes

pearleescakes

Fondant on Rainy Season

Hi! I’m a self taught newbie and I already love this site. I’m from the Philippines and summer is over.I’m working on a fondant cake now and because it’s always raining I noticed that the fondant is always wet/moist..what will I do to make it...

1,086 views, 0 by Paula

Anybody have problems with ordering from bakers kitchen

I ordered 100 dollars worth of fondant coloring and tips. They came in a huge box so the fondant buckets banged around came open, coloring everywhere, tips ruined. I sent the box back and was suppose to get a replacement and they left it in the...

14,711 views, 2 by Jillycakes

How do I wrap cakes to freeze them??

I have heard that layer cakes freeze nicely. I have an order for 24 6 inch 2 layer cakes and I would like to start baking them now…due in 3 weeks. I have no idea how to wrap them to keep them the freshest I can. I would appreciate anyone’s...

13,491 views, 1 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

Spacing Between Tiers for Flowers

I am needing to put layers of flowers between the tiers of a wedding cake giving it a look like this: http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0085457/image475x475.jpg I am sure there are different ways of doing it and I have one I...

4,543 views, 0 by RachM

Doweling

Hi- I have a wedding cake coming up soon and wondered what I should do in regards to Doweling the cake will be a 11inch Square 4" high, the 2nd cake will be 7" Square 6"high and third will be 6" Round 5" high, Do I need to put a central dowel...

1,677 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Advice for success

Hi guys, I am new to Cakesdecor, but also new to cake decorating. I’ve seen the work of a lot of talented people here. What advice would you have for someone like me just starting out in the business for success? I mostly bake for friends and...

888 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

looking for a praline cake recipe

hello fellow bakers!! was wondering if anyone had a praline cake recipe that they could share. i have a request for a tasting that i will be doing later in june. thanks so much!!

4,407 views, 0 by Christine

Christine

Buttercream Iceing that doesnt melt

How do I make a buttercream iceing that won’t melt so easily?

865 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

GIVEAWAY!!!

we all love giveaways dont we :) head over to www.facebook.com/cakes.sweettooth and enter in the giveaway tab to win

13,648 views, 1 by Nikki Belleperche

Nikki Belleperche

Attaching LOTS of dragees to a cake side.

I have a request for a wedding cake coming up that has the bottom half of each tier completely covered in pink dragees. Much like this cake My question is, what do you think the easiest and most secure way to do this would be? My first thought...

3,783 views, 0 by Nikki Belleperche

Nikki Belleperche

Black royal bleeding problem.

I am by no means a cookie decorator, nor am I very experienced with royal icing but last week I decided to tinker around with some sugar cookies and I was itching to try my hand at some simple decorating. At first I did some light pink and green...

5,001 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Cake Serving guide

Hey everyone, as I’m preparing to do my first wedding cake, I’m wondering which guide is the best to work with. After researching, I see a lot of people saying that the wilton guide is wrong. Are there any other guides that you’ve tried that is...

952 views, 0 by sft

buttercream icing

**just wanted to see if anyone has had icing change colors on them? I frosted a cake in a light purple color and when I went to get it out it had turned a light blue color. It was exposed to some light . Luckily the color will still work and I...

969 views, 0 by Bonnie

Bonnie

Would you vote for me. (if you have a second)

If you have time would you like my photo? It’s my bubbleyum cake. Thanks so much! http://www.inkedibles.com/photo.php

881 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Bundt to cake

If I have a recipe for a Bundt cake is there any reason I couldn’t make it a 8" cake? Ansa

2,687 views, 1 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Buttercream Recipe

Anyone has a good recipe for buttercream that doesn’t taste so much like shortening. Please share. I use the wilton recipe, and I’m hoping to find one that taste better but still does a great job on the cake.

1,145 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

non corrugated cake boards

does anyone know where i can find non corrugated cake boards? not masonite board, though. it seems that the type of boards i’m looking for are all over in the UK, but i haven’t been able to find any here in the US. thanks!

4,111 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

painting without an airbrush

hello fellow cakers!! i am trying to figure out the best efficient way to undertake a super mario themed birthday cake for my twin boys. i wanted to do a small 3 tiered cake and do two different scenes on the bottom to tiers and then make a...

2,495 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Fondant Roller by Caketrick

I was wondering if anyone has a Fondant roller by Caketrick. I’m wanting to try it out since Debbie Does Cakes mentioned how great it was on FB this afternoon. It’s a little pricey for me to just go out and buy so wanted to see if anyone here was...