Cake Decorating Forums

3,841 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

Help! need a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe

i have been in search of a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe since i started doing cakes. all the ones i’ve tried have been good, but nothing that blew me away. most recipes i have seen call for milk or cream. however, i need one the does...

2,587 views, 0 by Evelyn Vargas

Evelyn Vargas

Watermarks!!!

Hello everyone just wanted to share some very important information. Please be sure to watermark all your cake images. There is a women on Facebook who has been stealing peoples cake images and adding her watermark to them and posting them on her...

1,469 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Fondant

Which brand of fondant do you prefer and why? Is there a way to flavor fondant?

2,244 views, 0 by Meghan Smith

Meghan Smith

Suggestions on the BEST affordable camera??

I desperately need a new camera to take pictures of my cakes….. I am definately no camera whiz and want to make a good investment that is not so difficult that I won’t be able to figure out how to use it!! BUT….I want good clear pictures of my...

1,030 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Support for Embellishments

I’m making a cake for a friend of a friend and I am putting a gum paste airplane on top. It will be a fondant covered cake and I will also have some other (mostly flat) embellishments on it. What I’m wondering is would I need to put a support...

2,875 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

Almond Bark Chocolate Molding Clay?

Kind of new to molding clay, only used it once but was wondering if anyone has used almond bark in place of candy melts?

1,486 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Ah!!! My First Wedding Cake order...

I just confirmed my first wedding cake order and I’m super excited and nervous about it! They want simple and vintage and it for around 150 people. I made it clear I am a new decorator and I’ll only be able to do certain designs and they are ok...

1,092 views, 0 by metria

metria

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Snickerdoodle Cookies adapted from Joy of Baking Ingredients: 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ...

7,742 views, 0 by Lisa-Jane Fudge

Lisa-Jane Fudge

"What do you use to attach ribbon to the cake board???"

I have asked this question also on my facebook page. I am desperate for a good solution. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I use double sided tape. But in humid and hot weather, it can be a real pain in the you know what!!

1,025 views, 1 by Tammy

Tammy

Making your own cake flour?

has anyone tried to make their own cake flour? if so does it work like the store kind? i currently purchase Swans Down from Wal-mart, but it can get a little pricey. i was looking up places online that will sell in bulk but didn’t find many...

4,459 views, 0 by Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Help with Modeling Chocolate

I usually make my figures/flowers out of gumpaste and fondant but I wanted to try something new so I decided why not try modeling chocolate. After 4 failed attempts at making the chocolate myself I ended up buying a tub of it from Global Sugar...

1,640 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

When is the Michal Bulla Interview?

Alright Michal, correct me if I’m wrong but you did make this site right? So when are we going to see a Michal Bulla interview and learn a little more about you and what made you start this awesome site! :D

2,142 views, 0 by Alecia

Alecia

Advice/tips for grooms cake

Hi everybody! I’m new here and fairly new at cake decorating as well. I have some questions about an upcoming grooms cake I’m doing for my brother in law. He’s into photography, hiking and Irish music. I originally wanted to somehow...

2,649 views, 0 by BeesNees

BeesNees

Cake heights

Hi all Am wondering what others do in terms of cake/tier heights. Am curious about a number of things….In general… 1. What height do you aim to make a finished cake? 2. What height is the baked cake, before filling and icing? (i.e. how much...

2,160 views, 2 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Moist Vanilla CC Recipe

Good Morning! I’m still searching to find a GOOD vanilla cupcake recipe that’s not too timely to make, but will stay very moist. Anyone got one?

952 views, 0 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Flour brand

I need to buy less expensive flour if possible. What kind of flour do you use, do you buy in bulk and from where? Is “generic” flour any good compared to While Lily?

1,273 views, 0 by Shefali

Fondant on cake

Hi i am new to Fondant icing and was curious to know – do people eat the fondant covering the cake. I often find it is peeled off when people eat the cake. thanks

2,949 views, 0 by Elena Z

Elena Z

Advice/Ideas for a 30th Birthday/Superbowl party cake (female)

Hi everyone! I need help coming up with a simple but thoughtful cake idea for a girlfriend who is turning 30 and hosting a SuperBowl/Birthday party at her house. It’ll probably be for about 30 ppl and though I want it to be more for her...

1,057 views, 0 by Jess B

Jess B

Dummy/Display cakes

I am wanting to make my first display/dummy cake. I was wondering if any of you have done them yet and if so did you use royal icing or buttercream icing to stick the fondant to the dummy? Any help and tips is appreciated :-)

1,269 views, 0 by Kayleigh

Bride and groom topper?

I am making 60 cupcakes and an 8" cake for a weddin and they have just asked me if I can make a bride and groom topper to look like them for the cake, I just wondered if anyone had any idea how much you would charge for something like this as I...