Cake Decorating Forums

1,805 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Cake Decorating as a Business

I was curious for all of you who does this business, what advice would you give a person just starting out? I know in the beginning it would not be a wise decision to take this on fulltime, but one day would like to do that. Is the cake...

2,933 views, 0 by Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Ateco 612 Turntable

I have a question for those of you who have the Ateco turntable. I finally decided to invest in a good turntable. I just bought the Ateco 612. I just received it and when I put it together and gave it a spin I noticed it had a slight wobble. ...

1,957 views, 0 by Sandy

Sandy

Vanilla custard filling???

Hi everyone!!! I need some help please. Does anyone have a delish vanilla custard cake filling recipe???? If so would you PLEASE share. Thank in advance :)

1,085 views, 0 by Bakermama

Bakermama

Alcohol in cakes??

I have a wedding cake due in a couple of weeks~ the couple wants one of the tiers to be a margarita cake with strawberry margarita filling (which they’ve asked me to create a recipe using a jar of their homemade strawberry margarita jam, their...

1,357 views, 0 by DWARE

Need Bubble Guppies Cake in South Jersey/Philly area

I’ve been trying to find someone to make a custom Bubble Guppies cake for my son’s 1st birthday. It seems that anyone who has good prices and does great work is out of State and way too far. Anyone out there near Philly or South Jersey...

1,036 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

pink ruffle cake

could everyone please take a minute and vote for my cake please :) it would mean soo much to me <3 http://apps.facebook.com/?amyatlasevents/PhotoContests/?View/573/5276

1,118 views, 0 by Elba

Sugar free weding cake

Help! Is sombody have a sugar free cake recipe for a weding cake? They are diabetics. Thank you.

1,388 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Doing outdoor events

I was wondering if there is anyone here who’s done an outdoor event yet? Like a having a booth or table at a fair or something similar? If so, how do you plan and organize everything? What do you chose to display and sell? What quantity do you...

1,166 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Ball tool

Hi Everyone, Just wondering what everyone’s preference is when it come to ball tools. I use the plastic kind, just the one that comes in the wilton sets. However I find the seem on the ball part it causing a lot of problems for me with things...

1,295 views, 0 by Vic

Vic

One airbrush to rule them all

Model KIT – G23 – 22 master Airbrush I have a dual action trigger. How do we change from one color to another? Thank you. Also, how do you “know” for example one batch of 13 cupcakes, how much color does one need for that and how do you...

858 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

Kitchenaid stand mixer giveaway

here is an awesome kitchenaid stand mixer giveaway from crissy on facebook, go and enter!! http://bit.ly/L10rlA

1,023 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 6th week winner

Another great week is behind us – we have reached 1000 likes on our facebook page and we’ll reach the milestone of 3000 cakes soon. *Here is the 6th week winner of CakesDecor Welcome Contest Christiescreations Congratulations. You’ve...

1,158 views, 0 by KsCakes

Creating an eagle cake!

Hi. I have been asked to create an eagle cake. I have researched other peoples eagle cakes and possible ways of doing it and there is only one design that I like enough. This uses coconut strands for the head feathers and to create the...

3,816 views, 0 by pearleescakes

pearleescakes

Fondant on Rainy Season

Hi! I’m a self taught newbie and I already love this site. I’m from the Philippines and summer is over.I’m working on a fondant cake now and because it’s always raining I noticed that the fondant is always wet/moist..what will I do to make it...

1,062 views, 0 by Paula

Anybody have problems with ordering from bakers kitchen

I ordered 100 dollars worth of fondant coloring and tips. They came in a huge box so the fondant buckets banged around came open, coloring everywhere, tips ruined. I sent the box back and was suppose to get a replacement and they left it in the...

14,392 views, 2 by Jillycakes

How do I wrap cakes to freeze them??

I have heard that layer cakes freeze nicely. I have an order for 24 6 inch 2 layer cakes and I would like to start baking them now…due in 3 weeks. I have no idea how to wrap them to keep them the freshest I can. I would appreciate anyone’s...

12,859 views, 1 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

Spacing Between Tiers for Flowers

I am needing to put layers of flowers between the tiers of a wedding cake giving it a look like this: http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0085457/image475x475.jpg I am sure there are different ways of doing it and I have one I...

4,468 views, 0 by RachM

Doweling

Hi- I have a wedding cake coming up soon and wondered what I should do in regards to Doweling the cake will be a 11inch Square 4" high, the 2nd cake will be 7" Square 6"high and third will be 6" Round 5" high, Do I need to put a central dowel...

1,616 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Advice for success

Hi guys, I am new to Cakesdecor, but also new to cake decorating. I’ve seen the work of a lot of talented people here. What advice would you have for someone like me just starting out in the business for success? I mostly bake for friends and...

876 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

looking for a praline cake recipe

hello fellow bakers!! was wondering if anyone had a praline cake recipe that they could share. i have a request for a tasting that i will be doing later in june. thanks so much!!