Cake Decorating Forums

1,704 views, 0 by Karen de Perez

Karen de Perez

MANNEQUIN CAKE

Hellouu!! Do es anyone know where I can find a tutorial to make a mannequin cake? Please help me.. Thanks!!

1,386 views, 0 by Angelica

Angelica

$2.50 ea sounds about right????

Ive been asked to make 60 of these, bagged up and I think $2.50 ea is a reasonable price. I dont do allot of cookies, but when I have I charge $1.50 or $3.00 for character cookies. I’ve used the small dragees and sanding sugars but not for resale...

8,878 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Keeping your cake moist

What are some of the things you guys do to bake moist cakes and keep them moist? Hope you guys don’t mind sharing your tricks.

1,825 views, 0 by Happy

Happy

How do I deliver this cake without it falling?

I would like to make a sitting Spongebob cake for an order next Friday (like the photo), but it has to be a buttercream finish. It’s so tall and narrow I’m not sure how I would deliver it 30 minutes away without messing up the finish. If it was...

2,792 views, 0 by Cakesbylala

Cakesbylala

square pans magic line, fat daddios or another brand?

I am looking to get some nicer, but not super expensive square pans. Should I go magic line or fat daddios or something else? And where can you find the best prices on them? Thanks!

1,023 views, 0 by Cosden's Cake Creations

Cosden's Cake Creations

Please help

Can someone please tell me what to use to stack a cake like this? is it a stand? dummies?http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/4-tier-monogrammed-wedding-cake-2008-08-19.htm

4,467 views, 0 by lolobeauty

lolobeauty

Properly stacking tiers

Hi, I have just joined as a member, however, I have enjoyed helpful posts here for a long time. I need help with stacking tiers properly. I have used straws, which doesnt seem to be too sturdy to me unless I use a large amount of them. I don’t...

1,520 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Wedding Cupcakes in lieu of cake

Hey fellow cake decorators, I was wondering when a bride choses to serve cupcakes instead of cake at her wedding how many cupcakes per person is the right amount. Is it 1, 2,3???? Please shed some light. Thank you!

2,903 views, 0 by Priscilla

Priscilla

Cake Disasters!! Delivery mishaps, melting what's yours!!

Mine was traveling 35 mins from my place with 2 small cakes & they fell apart when later I realized NOT to put heavy toppings on any cake until you are at the location where it’s suppose to be dropped off I KNOW THAT NOW…. Add last touches on...

1,791 views, 0 by Sophisticated

Sophisticated

Wedding cake

I’ve been asked to make a wedding cake. After consulting with the bride, she decided she could not afford the price, so she asked if I could make a smaller cake for display and have a sheet cake in the back to serve the guests. I am wondering:...

2,457 views, 0 by lolobeauty

lolobeauty

How To Keep Foil Cupcake Liners from Separating!!!

I always have trouble with the foil muffin cups. The white paper & the foil always separate. On S aturday 9/9/12, I have an order that will require me to use these. I need help. Fast! 1. Is there some way to prevent this? 2. If not, can I...

2,106 views, 0 by Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

getting to the top 15

It looks like the top 15 are ranked by views and comments but some of my cakes have had more views and comments than the 15th spot cake but they never show up on the top 15 board… why is that? thanks!

1,411 views, 0 by Margie

Applying flowers

I would appreciate any advice on applying gumpaste roses on a cake. I have 10 roses to place on a fondant cake and because of the cone shaped back I find it difficult. I can attaché them, but I can see the back side when I put Just one rose on...

1,128 views, 0 by TheCakeBar

TheCakeBar

cakes & cakeboards

How do you all adhere your cakes to your boards???? Everytime I travel with a cake it shifts off the board and if my board is decorated it will mess up the design.

1,028 views, 0 by TheCakeBar

TheCakeBar

CD Pulse

I’m confused about the CD Pulse … it states: CakesDecor Pulse | new posts & new activity on the posts you follow in the last 30 days … but I dont follow any of them so I’m not sure how this works… can someone explain this to me. Thanks

1,980 views, 0 by Maureen

Looking for ideas- Moving cake- from NY to St. Louis

Hi Guys- I am at a loss- I’m looking for ideas for a cake for a couple moing from NY to St. Louis- He has been appointed a Federal judge and she has various interests- dancing, travel, languages- Design doesn’t have to include those things-...

13,641 views, 0 by Lize van den Heever

Alice's pricing matrix

Hi Does anyone maybe have Alice’s cake pricing matrix or know where I can download it? It is supposed to be a free sheet to help with calculating cake prices. Thanks.

1,701 views, 0 by Cakesue

Cakesue

Uploading photos

When I joined this site, I was able to upload 2 photos, but since then I have tried a number of times and it doesn’t seem to work. I have no idea what my problem is as I am able to successfully upload to FB and my website. How small should the...

848 views, 0 by lolobeauty

lolobeauty

Uploading Pictures.

Help!!! I am frustrated with trying to upload images. I keep getting a message that they are unable to be uploaded do to the wrong format. I edited all the pictures and saved in a .jpeg format, but they still won’t load. Can someone please help me.

1,851 views, 0 by 3DSweets

Applying a fondant number

I need advice on how to apply a fondant/gumpaste number 5 to the top of a half-sheet cake, please. I’m making a Disney Cars cake with the number designed like a street (black with yellow lines). I’ve only tried once before to apply fondant decs...