Cake Decorating Forums

1,398 views, 0 by Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

Wedding orders - deposits vs balance due

Hi! I’m starting to book weddings and I was wondering how you professionals out there confirm the orders with your couples? Do you have a contract (might there be a template on line I can use)? How much deposit do you request and when do you...

1,694 views, 0 by Carolina Cardoso

Carolina Cardoso

Hello Kitty Cake - Help!

Hi! A client asked me to make a Hello Kitty cake with this pattern and i seriously don’t know how i’m gonna make it. Can you please help me? Thank you!

1,130 views, 0 by BeckysSweets

BeckysSweets

Modeling Chocolate and whipped icing

Hello, I’m fairly new to this site and am wondering if I might ask a question. I have an order next week for a cake to be covered in whipped icing. I’ll probably use Rich’s Bettercreme. However, the customer would like it to resemble a football...

4,490 views, 2 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

Python Cake

I just want to share this amazing Python Cake I found on the internet. I wanted to find the author as well, but I was unsuccessful. Thanks to AneliaDawnCakes, here is the link to the author’s FB page: North Star Cakes

1,270 views, 0 by Yolanda Marshall

Yolanda Marshall

Does anyone have any advice on how to get more Facebook traffic ("likes")?

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how to increase my Facebook traffic? What things can you suggest that I can do to get more likes on my business page? Thanks! Yolanda

2,845 views, 1 by Sarah Mitchell

Sarah Mitchell

Giant cupcake base

Hi everyone, I am making a giant cupcake tomorrow and was going to try and make the chocolate base! I have done this once before but not used it on a cake, it went well but I have tried to do it again but it won’t come away from the tin! I used...

1,761 views, 0 by Maureen

Looking for ideas for Bart Simpson being naughty- (ha)

Hi Guys- I’m making a surprise 40th birthday cake for a friend- He LOVES the Simpsons- so I am making Homer lounging on the couch with a JETS jersey (another of the birthday boy’s favorites)- holding a remote and a Duff can of beer. The TV will...

3,738 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Tier Sizes

What would be a good cake size for two tier cake? I was thinking a 9 inch bottom and 6 inch top. What do you all think. Help needed. Thank you in advance.

1,862 views, 0 by Rosa

Rosa

Dummy Cakes

HI, I have a question…..When you make a dummy cake, does it always need to be covered in fondant? How do you go about using butter cream? Can you even use butter cream if you want to keep the dummy as a display cake? Is there something else that...

1,229 views, 0 by Karen de Perez

Karen de Perez

COLOR AND WHIPPING CREAM

WHY WHIP TOPPING START TO DECOLORATE AFTER SOME TIME? PLEASE GIVE AN ANSWER… THANKS

2,747 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Cupcake Prices

Hello bakers, I may have an opportunity to sell cupcakes to a local deli – but I am at a loss as to how much to charge. I’ve checked around and it seems that $24/dozen is the going rate for some of the bakeries in my area – but if that’s the...

1,012 views, 0 by Melissa

Melissa

How to?

Well, I am unable to load the image but maybe someone can still help. I’ve been asked to do a baseball themed cake, covered with white fondant. Here’s the part I’ve never encountered before: she wants it to look like a dirty baseball. I’m looking...

1,159 views, 0 by Kay

Kitchen Aid stand mixers

Do you think that a Kitchen Aid mixer is necessary for a beginning bakery. I have to purchase a stand mixer and want to purchase one that I truly need. Thanks.

1,156 views, 0 by d and k creative cakes

d and k creative cakes

how do i get square sharped edged building blocks ?

i cant seem to manage to get sharp edges adn smooth sides on my building blocks i m fine with rounded ones but wouls really like to get sharp edges can anyone help thansk kate

976 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

Chocolate for ganache

What chocolate does everyone prefer for their ganache? I found a site that has pretty decent prices on there chocolate, although the shipping was a little much. ...

2,264 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Minnie Mouse & Whipped Cream

Here’s my question…. I have a customer who wants a whipped cream cake with whipped cream filling and strawberries. On the top of the cake she would like some picture of Minnie Mouse. I said no problem. Then it dawned on me, I dont think I can...

972 views, 0 by ritz55

Wedding cake

Hi All This is the first time that I have got an order for a wedding cakes for 300 guests!! (thrilled n nervous!!!) I need to provide ready slices. Please suggest which is better to make -a round/square cake n slice it or make it in a brownie...

903 views, 0 by Natalie King

Natalie King

Cake Decorator of the Week

Hi Everyone, I just wondered how the cake decorator of the week is chosen, does anyone know? I am by no means hinting that it should be me by the way! I just wondered lol! x

1,010 views, 0 by Karen de Perez

Karen de Perez

WHIP TOPPING AND THE COLOR

Hello!! I have a problem: when I add color to the whip topping (i use whip topping base and gel color, I dont have an air brush) this starts decolorating so the cake doesn’t look so nice. Please help me. Thank you Thank you

2,158 views, 0 by Sweets By Monica

Sweets By Monica

Shipping Cakes

I have had a request from a customer to ship cake overnight. Her sister purchased a 8" single tier from me and had it shipped overnight and she said it was successful: arrived intact, moist and undamaged. She has now requested a three tier cake...