Cake Decorating Forums

1,562 views, 0 by Sweets By Monica

Sweets By Monica

A Good King Cake Recipe

I was wondering if anyone has made a king cake before. I live near New Orleans and I have people ask me all the time, “Do you make king cake?” It is a huge tradition here and my customers say they would love it if I could make those for them too.

1,782 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

How much to charge for a cake topper?

So, I have an order to just do a cake topper. The client is moving and wants to transport it to their next location and have it on hand when they get there to place on a cake. They want a 6″×6″ flat square that is fairly simple. What would you...

5,628 views, 0 by Karen

Karen

Kitchen Aid Mixer or Cuisinart SM-70 7-Quart Stand Mixers

I’m looking to get a bigger mixer. I have the Kitchen aid 5 qt and it’s the go to for mixers but checked out the cuisinart. The cuisinart is half the price. Does it matter? Could use your experience/opinions. Thank you.

2,324 views, 2 by tortacouture

tortacouture

Top 3

This is mainly for Michal, but if anyone agrees then feel free to say (or if you don’t agree then feel free also). I don’t like that the number of views is counted as part of the algorithm for picking the top 3 cakes. I don’t think it has ANY...

4,090 views, 0 by Tiffany Palmer

Tiffany Palmer

Issues with buttercream cracking...

Recently I have been having real issues with my buttercream icing cracking. I use a crusting buttercream and viva to smooth. It always comes out nice and smooth but any movement at all once the cake is decorated and it seems to get cracks in it...

15,974 views, 1 by pink sugar frosting

pink sugar frosting

icing made with sugar and gelatin powder

hello cake friends .does any one know about the icing which is made with confectionery sugar and gelatin powder and its dries rock hard like gum paste but for a gum paste we have to let it dry for a few days and this one dries instantly

3,403 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

getting "sharp" edges on your fondant

ok, i know this has come up already and Torta has made a turtorial and given some fantastic advice! but i think i found a product that will make some of your fondant decorating a little easier. i found this product but was a little reluctant in...

988 views, 0 by countrybumpkincakes

countrybumpkincakes

RIBBON SIZE

what size ribbon does everone recommend/use regularly for wedding/chritening cakes stuck between getting a 15mm or 25mm(their 25metre rolls so want to make sure get right one) many thanks for any input :)

3,071 views, 1 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

Mold Putty

I am wanting to make my own molds in the most inexpensive way. I have heard of using “EasyMold Silicone Putty” from Michaels, but it is not available at my Michaels. Also, someone said in a review of said product that they would recommend...

936 views, 0 by MommyJan

Bakugan

Has anyone got advise for a simple bakugan cake topper for an 8-yr old boy? thanks in advance

1,073 views, 0 by Sharon Zambito

Sharon Zambito

Hi everybody!

Hello everyone! Just discovered your wonderful site. happy to be here! Sharon Zambito

2,760 views, 0 by BeesNees

BeesNees

Chocolate cigarellos & roses

Hi all I have a cake to do coming up which involves a lot of chocolate cigarellos and chocolate roses (both white and dark – with molding chocolate). I haven’t done much work with chocolate to date, so if anyone has any pointers or words of...

4,110 views, 1 by BeesNees

BeesNees

Tall/deep cakes

Hi all. I’m intrigued by these deeper cakes that seem to be all the trend these days. I’m keen to give them a go, but interested in knowing how people generally tackle them. Do people have any additional supports in them given the additional...

1,901 views, 0 by Aida Martinez

Aida Martinez

Edible Printer

I would like to get myself a edible printer, but I am not sure which one to get. Canon or Epson. Any tips.

911 views, 0 by ArtisticIcingCakes

ArtisticIcingCakes

To all my fellow Georgia cake decorators- Enact a Cottage Food Law in the State of Georgia!

http://www.change.org/petitions/georgia-state-legislature-enact-a-cottage-food-law-in-the-state-of-georgia Please click on the link above to sign this petition. Thank you! :-D

1,455 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

cake making

when making cakes what do you use… cake mix or make it for scratch?

1,286 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Silicone cake pop pan

Ive seen the metal cake pop pans but I’m looking for the silicone cake pop pan. The metal one I found at Bed Bath &Beyond – the silicone pan is slightly smaller. Has anyone seen them? Thanks- Ansa

1,541 views, 0 by Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Favorite & Least Favorite Part of Making a Cake

What are your favorite and least favorite part of making a cake. Do you like thinking up the design, the actual baking, or do you love the decorating. I love thinking up the design, making all the little details, and the decorating. Playing...

1,500 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CALLING ALL WEDDING CAKE BAKERS!

My daughter just got engaged and I’m already thinking about her wedding cake – If you have a “favorite” wedding cake that you have done, or want to contribute any ideas or suggestions that would make my life less stressful if I decide to make the...

1,256 views, 0 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Sturdy Choc Cake

I have an order for a very chocolately cake. I love the Hersheys cocoa recipe but I’m afraid it’s too soft to cover with fondant. Anyone experience this or have a great moist recipe to share that’s similar to this one? Thanks!