Cake Decorating Forums

1,274 views, 0 by Sandy Thompson

Sandy Thompson

CakeDecor Definitions

Hi all, if this question has already been answered or addressed…please ignore my post :-) Being new to this website, I’m still finding my way around :-) Is there a place on the forum that gives definitions of items on the site? I saw a...

2,582 views, 0 by Judy Remaly

Judy Remaly

Tax Season Decoration Ideas

I work at an accounting firm as my full time job…but baking and decorating is my passion. I have been asked to make cupcakes with an accounting theme and I am at a loss for ideas. If I was making a cake, it would be easier. Does anyone out...

1,069 views, 0 by Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

Maria @ RooneyGirl BakeShop

Chocolate wholesale/bulk sites - who has the best price in the USA?

Hi All, I’ve been on the hunt recently to find the best website in the USA where I can purchase Imported Chocolate (like Callebaut or Valhrona). So far I am concluding the GYGI seems to have the best prices. Where do you buy your imported...

1,945 views, 0 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

How Did YOU Get Started?

If you don’t mind me asking, I’d love to hear how some of you became interested in cake/cupcake decorating and how you got started. As for me, I was in 4H for 1 year when I was probably about 14. That year I took a cake decorating class, which...

4,527 views, 0 by unctoothlady

unctoothlady

Making fondant stripes and ribbons

OK….Can someone please share with me the EASIEST way to make fondant ribbons and stripes? Mine NEVER come out even. I use my scored fondant mat, a sharp knife/fondant cutter. I guess I could get a ruler just for cake making and try that? ...

2,518 views, 0 by BeesNees

BeesNees

Cakes on pedestal cake stands

Hi all I’ve noticed a lot of people putting their cakes on lovely pedestal cake stands, rather than the standard flat board. I really like the look of this but I’m curious…. I think the look is great especially for tiered cakes, but am...

1,525 views, 0 by Jess B

Jess B

Purse tutorial

Afternoon ladies, I’m fairly new to this site and I love it! I was wondering if anyone as a cake purse tutorial they can share. Thanks in advance Jess :-)

1,300 views, 1 by Jillycakes

How does everyone "finish" their cakes?

How do you shine everything up and not run the colors??

25,756 views, 22 by Becky Pendergraft

Becky Pendergraft

Tips On Achieving Crisp Edges with Fondant?

Hi, All! So hoping to get some advice on this :) I’ve been doing cakes for almost two years now and am pretty happy with my overall fondant covering skills – I can achieve a nice, overall clean look – HOWEVER – my cakes lack that extreme sharp,...

1,478 views, 0 by cookiedoescake

cookiedoescake

Very nice site

I just found this site and I am really excited to see it grow. I have a lot to learn and look forward to learining it here.

3,039 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

"The Mat" from sweetwise?

Just wondering if any fellow cakers have used “the Mat” from sweetwise? And if so what you thought of it. I have just ordered one and I am really excited. Also if anyone that has used it has any advice feel free to pass it along! Thanks

4,680 views, 0 by Susan

Susan

Harry Potter cake

I need to do a Harry Potter cake. Client wants the 4 crests and the golden snitch in the center. Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated. I am more concerned with the crests.

5,636 views, 1 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

Help on giant cupcake

Does anyone have tips on how to decorate and/or frost a giant cupcake?

913 views, 0 by Fazia

Fazia

Cake Boxes

Hello fellow decorators! Quick question for you all. When you make cakes larger than 10", or tiered cakes, where do you get boxes to hold your cakes during delivery, or when a customer is picking it up? I always have a hard time finding boxes...

3,618 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

clear fondant smoother

ok, i saw this YouTube video and i really want these fondant smoothers, but can’t find them any where in the US. here is the video link: ...

3,346 views, 0 by Bridget

Bridget

How to make a 3 tier wedding cake?!

I have never made a wedding cake, does anyone have a how to video / recipe for the cake, aNy help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

1,100 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - $100 cash winner

Today is the last day of our CakesDecor welcome contest and it’s time to announce the winner of $100 cash for the best cake in the last 30 days. When I was announcing the first winner of our cakesdecor T-shirt 2 months ago, we had 158 members....

769 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

A Giveaway!!

Since you are all die-hard cake and cookie decorators I wanted to share a little giveaway with you! I’m currently running a giveaway on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baking-Sheet/210664827961 We have a number of very...

1,462 views, 0 by Karen

Karen

Need Tiered Cakes boxes?

bakeabox.com just released a tiered cake box and it’s affordable. Check them out. They have all sorts of cake boxes for your business.

1,084 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

PME Tips

I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about the PME tips. the PME tips are super expensive to order, but i do a lot of cookies (you can see my work on my page) with fine detail and the wilton and ateco just aren’t cutting it. the ateco...