Cake Decorating Forums

1,392 views, 0 by paula0712

In search of a good gluten free chocolate cake recipe for wedding cake

I’ve seen some really nice cakes made on here made from gf recipes! I have an order for a gf chocolate wedding cake and can’t find a recipe! Would anyone be willing to share theirs? Thank you in advance!

18,247 views, 0 by SongbirdSweets

SongbirdSweets

Mixer turning white frosting grey

When I try to make Swiss Meringue Butter Cream Icing my Kitchen Aid is turn the frosting grey every time. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. Sometimes this happens with my vanilla cake mix too.

2,344 views, 0 by cheryl arme

cheryl arme

air brushing fondant

Hi everyone! How long does it take for airbrushed food color to dry before you can airbrush more. Thanks!

1,176 views, 0 by Jessica

Jessica

What are your top 3 favorite decorating tools?

If you had to pick 3 tools you couldn’t live without what would you pick? Mine are: 1) Ateco Silicone Fondant Mat 2) My clay gun 3) A sharp X-Acto Knife I’m curious what others would pick!

1,341 views, 0 by Frost it Fancy Cakes

Frost it Fancy Cakes

Stenciling

Hello my fellow cakers, I have been trying to put a stencil on buttercream, and for the life of me with no success. I do use a crusting buttercream. If any of you would have any suggestions that would be greatly apprieciated? = )

3,468 views, 0 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Fading fondant

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to prevent fondant (especially hot pink) from fading? It’s so frustrating. I start out with hot pink and by the time I’m finished with the cake, it’s almost pale pink!

1,736 views, 0 by Mikooklin's Cakery

Mikooklin's Cakery

Transporting a 3 tiered cake

Hi I have been searching online and need to know where to find a box that will fit a 14 in square bottom tiered cake. I plan on using a 6in round, 10 and 14 in square pans. I’m not real keen on having to transport them in separate boxes and was...

917 views, 0 by Migdalia Nieves

Migdalia Nieves

Cream Cheese Icing

Hello everyone! I have an order for a 3 tiered cake, the bride doesn’t like the fondant and she asked for a red velvet cake coverd with cream cheese icing. The recipe that I have get real crusti very fast and is impossible smooth the icing . Can...

3,252 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Max & Ruby Cake

HELP… I’ve been asked to do a Max & Ruby cake and I can’t find any tutorials to make the little rabbits look like themselves – I’m having a bit of trouble getting their faces just right – has anybody done one of these cakes before that can...

958 views, 0 by CathyC

CathyC

To Crumb or Not To Crumb Coat

Do you use a medium consistency or stiff consistency buttercream to crumb coat?

802 views, 0 by Kara

Kara

Fondarific giveaway for US residents

Hi, everyone, I’m new to this site but I wanted to let anyone in the US know about a giveaway that I’m doing on my blog through Sunday the25th. Fondarific gave me some products to review, and now I’m doing a giveaway with them. Go to...

3,740 views, 0 by Debbie Sanderson

Debbie Sanderson

Badger Cake!!

Hi I have been asked if i can make a badger cake but have no idea where to start!! Does anyone have any ideas!! Thank you

2,120 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

princess castle cakes

when making princess castle cakes, and when you make the pillars does anyone use edible items, if so what do you use?

1,008 views, 0 by The Clever Little Cupcake Company

The Clever Little Cupcake Company

Number of views and Top 15

How come I have not made it into the top 15 page today? I posted some cupcakes earlier today (within 24 hours), and they have had more views than some on the top 15 list? It doesn’t make sense. x

1,110 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

Air Brush Suggestions?

Thinking about buying an air brush system….any recommendations? Thanks! :o) Loren

1,414 views, 0 by Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Will cream cheese buttercream be ok at room temp??

I have an order next weekend for my red velvet cupcakes. I usually put my cream cheese buttercream on them (cause the combo is SOOO yummy :)..LOL) Anyway I always keep this in the fridge before delivering because of the cream cheese. My client...

1,938 views, 0 by CopelandCreations

Sticks to out stars on

Good Morning. I am looking for the sticks that you stick into cakes that have stars attached to them. I am also looking for the thicker ones that curl and I have seen people attach fondant balls to. I want to know where I can get them. Please...

5,939 views, 0 by Rita's Cakes

Rita's Cakes

Tips for 3D cakes

I would like to try to make a 3D cake. Any tips or advice I should know before I try. Thanks so much :)

2,306 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

pillow quilt

Does anyone have any good tutorials or websites on how to do the quilt pattern on a pillow cake? Should I draw the pattern on the fondant before i put the fondant on the cake, or after the fondant is on the cake?

1,399 views, 0 by azel

azel

Silver Effect on cake

Hi Wonderful Cakers, I was just wondering if someone can help me. I need to know how to get this effect on cakes? Help please… Thanks! Azel