metria

Event: "That Takes The Cake" competition in Austin, TX Feb. 25-26 0

Online competition registration, general admission ticketing, and mini/celebrity class registration has just opened for the annual “That Takes The Cake” Sugar Art Show and Cake Competition in Austin, TX, February 25-26, 2012. ...

Fun Fiesta Cakes

TORSO-LESS Wedding dress cake 3

Hi, everybody, I’ts me again… I need to make a wedding dress cake for a bridal shower. i saw a tutorial on how to make one, but I am having a terrible time getting the “torso” to come out – does anybody know if they sell torsos so I would only...

Solid cake board - non corrugated 7

Hi all~ Does anyone know where I can get the solid cake board, the ones that are non corrugated. like this video by InspriredByMichelle’s youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/InspiredByMichelle#p/u/3/imfDvvSZn5I Please help~

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CAKE OUT OF A BOX (REALLY GOOD) 2

Hello, bakers, with the holidays upon us, many of us will be busy and while most of us would prefer to make cakes from scratch, if you find yourself in a pinch because you’re missing ingredients – here’s a recipe I’ve used many times that uses a...

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Anyone have a really good Vanilla bean cake recipe? 2

Hi, I am doing a wedding in June and I am looking for a really good Vanilla bean cake recipe. I have to make a 6inch round and 150-175 cupcakes. Also a really good butter cream for piping rosettes would be great. Thanks!

Christie's Custom Creations(CCC)

Vanilla Bean Butter Cream 3

I would really like a good recipe for VBBC.. if anyone would be willing to share. Thanks

Fun Fiesta Cakes

LINGERIE BRIDAL SHOWER 0

I’ve been asked to do a cake for a “Lingerie Bridal Shower.” I have a couple of ideas already, but wanted to know if anyone had ever done a “nightie” on a cake – I want to do something really spectacular because this will be a great opportunity...

Carrie Ashton

Good crusting cream cheese buttercream 1

I am looking for a good crusting cream cheese buttercream…does anyone have one they would be willing to share? Thank you in advance. C

metria

Food Network casting call for Halloween Wars 2012 0

From the American Culinary Federation: Are you a pastry chef, confectioner or cake artist? Do you specialize in sugar pulling, gum paste or fondant? If so, the Food Network wants you! Casting is currently underway for season 2 of “Halloween...

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CAKE FOR AN ENGINEER 4

ATTENTION ALL BAKERS… I need help coming up with a cake decorating idea… One of my friends is moving his business (Engineering/Architecture) to a new location. He will be having a party to celebrate the ocassion and I agreed to bring the cake. ...

Fun Fiesta Cakes

LOOKING FOR A DENSE CAKE 9

My son is graduating in December and I’m making a cake with a couple of books – since I will need to do some carving, I’m looking for a recipe for a dense cake – like the ones used for weddings – I’m open to all suggestions. Thanks!

metria

# of servings ... Cake + Calculator = Cakulator! 7

Hello, all! This is my first post here :) I’m only a hobbyist, but my trade is software development. In my spare time I’ve developed an online Flash app for determining the number of servings for a specified cake based on volume. ...

sasha

any ideas for a "bridge" cake - (card game) 3

Hi guys, I’ve got an upcoming order for a 90th birthday….the theme is the card game Bridge…..have google imaged it, but not been particularly inspired yet…..any suggestions?? Thanks so much x

Cakes and Beyond by Naheed

How to start a home based cakery business 7

I am in Alabama, I want to start my own home based cake business, but before I do that would like to find out about the laws and regulations. I would appreciate if I could be given some guidance how to go about. Thanks, Naheed

CakeObserver

Milk and egg free cakes 5

Hi, I would like to bake a cake for my daughter’s birthday party but she has a milk protein and egg allergy. Does anyone have suggestions for milk and egg free cake ? Thanks in advance.