This tutorial is for the giraffe figuring sitting ontop of cake, for the tutorial to paint the bottom tier follow this link http://cakesdecor.com/Ciccio/blog/408 You’ll need : ball tool large & very small, 10cm long skewer, knife, small rose petal cutter or similar 2cm long, veining tool, light brown petal dust, brush, edible glue, white fat, styrofoam dummy fleshtone airbrushcolour (or Vodka mixed with ivory gel & tiniest dash red gel)Gump...
This tutorial is to paint the Giraffe print on the botom tier of this cake, for the tutorial on the Giraffe figurine follow this link http://cakesdecor.com/Ciccio/blog/409 I’m using 2 colours to paint 1. with the first is a mixture of 1tsp Vodka, 1/2 tsp Americolour Ivory gel colour & 1tsp Fleshtone Airbrush colour2. Second is straight Fleshtone Airbrushcolour ( I use the Chefmaster brand but any is fine) Starting with a light tan fondant cover cake, dowel ready if stacking no...
Fun to collect so many ornaments for this tree,and I love my gold winning cake on the top of the tree
a good carving sponge cake that is good for curving and is real good .
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
I made this tutorial (my first ever) a couple of months ago when I needed a small amount of black fondant for a special project… it was an experiment that worked brilliantly!!! Hope you get some help from it, click through the pictures for instructions please :) The objective was to make an economical black coloured fondant – because here it is about $16 for 500 grams and I think thats a terrible price… I begin with just 10 ordinary white marshmallows (cheaper ones work b...
SuppliesWhite cake ballsLollipop sticksRed, white, and peach candy meltsMarshmallow bits Red disco dust (optional)White sparkling sugarWhite tiny sugar pearlsPink sugar pearlsPink luster dust (optional)Black confetti sprinklesToothpicksTweezers (clean and used for food only)Small paint brush (clean and used for food only)Styrofoam block or cake pop stand Start by making your cake balls and chilling them in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to start dipping your Santa cake pops. ...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
This morning and afternoon went well got everything cakey I needed to finished. The disaster came when I started again at tea time. Note to self don’t bake when rushing! Plan and take time. I needed to carve a small triangle cake, lets just say it was more like a ski slope :-(So decided to try again in the giant cup cake lid hmmm think again it didn’t rise :-( all didn’t fail though I cut the shape I needed and stuffed the left overs into the middle and it set BONUS!Second d...
Well what have I been upto these past couple of days? The answer making Xmas elves for my daughter Xmas fair. I found the idea on the pink whisk website they looked fab. I had everything in already to make them so didn’t really cost anything. First I made the sugar cookie dough ad cut them out with a love heart cutter which made 2 elf heads as you cut them in half. I moulded them onto lolly sticks securing further with an extra blob of dough and set them in the oven for 15 minut...
- Michal Bulla - 115 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- timefortiffin - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries
- cakesbyraewyn - 7 entries
- lafeeinthecake - 6 entries
- SweetLin - 6 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 6 entries
- Callicious Cakes - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries