This is my all time favorite Chocolate cake. It’s a dense and rich, not light and spongy. Perfect for any Chocoholic. I personally prefer it with Chocolate Ganache.
If you notice I have given you two different methods to make it.
The first method will give you a slightly more lighter cake, and
The second lazy method will give you a slightly less light cake.
Both are equally delicious. And I’ve tired both method .
Makes one 9" cake layer about 2 inch tall
Or two 7" layers each 2 inch tall
200 grams (7 oz.) Chocolate (I use 80% Cocoa)
200 grams (7 oz.) unsalted Butter
200 grams (1 ¾ cup) All-purpose flour
240 grams Dark Brown Sugar ( about 1 ¼ cup)
4 large eggs
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1tsp Vanilla extract
¾ cup buttermilk (or ¾ cup milk with 1 tbsp. vinegar left for half hour before use)
- Prepare your pans for baking.
- Melt Butter and Chocolate in a Microwave safe bowl. Starting with 1 min on high and then at 20 sec intervals as needed. Once melted add in the sugar and stir well. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- Now add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the chocolate mixture alternating each other.
- Place the eggs in your electric mixture with the whisk attachment and whisk until soft peaks form, add vanilla essence.
- Next fold in the egg mixture with the chocolate mixture very carefully.
- Immediately pour the batter into two cake pan and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and decorate with your favorite frosting.
Prepare your pans for baking.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Melt Butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- Add sugar until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add Vanilla
- Add the buttermilk
- Add flour.
Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool and decorate.
Veena’s Art of Cakes
Unforgettable cakes for memorable occasions
English Website- http://www.veenaartofcakes.com/
Hebrew Website – http://www.wix.com/veenaartofcakes/veenaartofcakes
Food Blog – http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/
Food Blog – http://ahomemadechef.blogspot.co.il/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veenas-Art-of-Cakes/151626264936231