Queen of Hearts for Alice in Wonderland Feature at CI Show.
Here the complete gallery of pics of the Queen of hearts I did at Birmingham to join the Twisted Sugar Artists feature at Cake International. A group of International Cake Artists got together to create an artistic and slightly darker/fun version of #AliceinWonderland in edible Sugarcraft (see the complete installation gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/callicious/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1221894614524759).
The Queen of Hearts is decorated with Modelling chocolate for the skin and the hair. The dress is made of Fondant, wafer paper and cake lace. The jewels and the cup and the plate are made of isomalt (The cup and plate made by Mayte Rodriguez and painted by Puckycakes Georgia Suter). Maria Filgueira helped me to set the laborious wafer paper decorations.
The other amazing artists contribution was:
- The swashbuckling Doormouse, the menacing mushroom and the incredible woodland backdrop (7′×14′): Calli Hopper Callicious Cakes
- Alice: Karen Keaney Roses and Bows Cakery (the organizer of the feature).
- Cheshire Cat: Jacqui Kelly Totally Sugar.
- Mad Hatter: Isabel Tamargo Tartas Imposibles by Isabel Tamargo
- Dead sugar flowers, leaves, gourds, mushrooms and slugs: Christine Craig La Lavande Sugar Florist.
- Food on table (all made from Sugarcraft) Laura Loukaides Laura Loukaides Cakes.
- March Hare: Janette MacPherson Cake Craft Janette MacPherson.
- Isomalt cups, saucers and candelabra: Mayte Rodriguez Gigante Isomalt by Mayte Rodríguez.
So many thanks to our Sponsors: – #CakeInternational – Satin Ice – Cake Lace – #Shesto – #CakePlayIsomalt- Dummies Direct – Magic Colours – Vera Miklas