I searched everywhere for a chocolate ganache recipe using Andes mints and really never found a good one. So, I made my own. It set up to a very nice consistency for me and hopefully it will for anyone else who tries it. I figured I’d go ahead and posted it so I won’t forget it and to help out anyone else looking for a mint ganache recipe :).
- 3 oz Unsweetened Chocolate (I used Bakers brand); chopped
- 12 oz Andes Mints (the candy, not the chips is what I used); chopped
- 1 C Heavy/Whipping Cream
- Place all chopped chocolate in a Bowl.
- Bring cream just to the beginning of a boil.
- Immediately pour cream over the chocolate and let it set for about a minute.
- Slowly stir the cream into the melting chocolate until it is fully incorporated and you have a glossy chocolate (I use a whisk for this). Let it set until it reached the desired consistency. If you want a poured ganache, use it relatively soon, if you want a spreading consistency leave it for a few hours until it has cooled completely. I usually stir every so often to help it cool more evenly. Enjoy!
Crystal Memories in the Baking