A number of people have asked me exactly how I make the ribbon roses on my bouquet cake so here’s a quick tutorial.
I use a small cutting board, a rolling pin and a scalpel.
How to make the rose
1. Roll a small piece of fondant into a sausage shape.
2. Roll the sausage flat with your rolling pin but don’t flatten it too much. You want it to be thick enough that you get a soft curved edge.
3. Smooth one side of the paste slightly with your finger. This edge will be the top of your rose.
4. Start from one end of the flattened paste and start to roll inwards, pinching slightly as you go.
5. Keep rolling… :)
6. When you get to the end, cut the bottom of the rose off. For the cake pictured, I leave them quite tall but it depends what they are being used for.
7. And that’s it… dead simple. And really quick to make, each one takes me a couple of seconds these days! :)
-- http://www.facebook.com/thedesignercakecompany | North East England