Birthday Deal Cake
You might be wondering what the heck is a Birthday Deal Cake. Well, I agreed to make a cake for a friend but in return I was allowed to experiment with decorations I’ve never done before which meant I had NO idea how this was going to turn out. I learned a lot. First, Thank you Liz Marek for your videos that inspired me to play with chocolate.
1. I used candy melts. They were OK to work with but they just don’t have that rich taste like real chocolate. Use the real deal next time.
2. Get better clips to make sails – they are essential to holding the pretty folds.
3. Take your time peeling away your backing or your sails will be shards – like mine. LOL
4. Let your chocolate cage set up a bit on the acetate before applying or you get smushed areas like I have although I still like it.
5. If you haven’t played with these techniques, take some time and learn them. Fast, Easy and Fun!
BTW – my friend was thrilled with the cake :)
dark chocolate cake swiss meringue buttercream wilton candy melts acetate collar edible silver dust smooth silicone mat silicone sphere molds birthday cake chocolate chocolate shards chocolate spheres chocolate cage