wedding cake pricing .... I know it's an ongoing topic ... but here we go again :D
This is what I just sent as a reply for a wedding cake inquiry (I’m so new at this and giving a quote always scares me):
Based on our phone conversation I have compiled an estimate for a 4 tier square, butter cream wedding cake.
The cake will include the following:
- 4 square tiers: 6", 8", 10", 12"
- each tier will be 3" high
- each tier will be torted into 3 layers
- the 6" and 10" cake will have strawberry cream filling between each torte
- the 8" and 12" cake will have raspberry cream filling between each torte
- each tier will be covered with butter cream
- each tier will have zebra print fondant accents applied
- the cake will be delivered and set up at your event location: Aylesford Lake. The location will need to be available for cake set up a minimum of 3 hours before the event.
The cost for this wedding cake will be $545.00. A 50%, non refundable, down payment is require to confirm the order with the balance paid 1 week before delivery.
FYI: The location is approx 1/2 hour drive over very rough roads, so I will not be pre-assembling any of the cake.
What do you include when a quote is requested? How much information do you include? Did I forget anything? Should I have included more or less information? I hope I didn’t mess it up.