IF YOU ARE GOING TO COPY MY PICTORIAL TO CREATE A POPPY FLOWER LIKE THIS, PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO MY PAGE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME UP WITH THIS DESIGN AND THESE STEPS TO HELP OTHERS. EACH PHOTO IS COPYRIGHTED WITH MY NAME ON IT. THANK YOU.
This is my FIRST attempt at making this flower; I need some more learning but generally happy with how it turned out.
1) A small piece of fondant rolled into a ball and then tapered slightly on one side.
2) I rolled out a small piece of fondant, used a daisy plunger then a small round cookie cutter to achieve this little piece.
3) Combined them both onto a toothpick.
4) Painted the top (it gets much darker, look at later photos).
5) Rolled out some fondant thin and used a heart shaped cookie cutter for 6 petals.
6) Then cut off the tops of the hearts like shown.
7) If you don’t have a veiner, use a fondant tool to score the petals as shown.
8) ALOT!! of dusting with red on both sides of the petals.
9) Dusting the center parts of the petals black and adding the center cone to form a poppy flower.
THE END. :)
Heba Elalfy ***more photos at https://www.facebook.com/sweetdreamstoyou