Shannon Bond Cake Design

Absolutely! I have a $1,000,000 policy through FLIP (food liability insurance program). They provide policies nationwide specifically for food service businesses. My policy costs $299/year. Some venues will not allow you to deliver or provide any food at a function sponsored by them until they see proof of insurance. It is piece of mind, for sure!

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Thank you, Shannon. I will look them up – it’s definitely worth the money – having peace of mind makes our work more rewarding.

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Hi, Shannon,

I just wanted to tell you that I purchased a policy through FLIP – I feel much better knowing that I’ve done something proactive to protect myself and my assets. I just hope I never have to use the policy. Thank you so much for your input.

Shannon Bond Cake Design

Oh yay – wasn’t it easy? I have been really pleased with them – I hope you will be too! Breathe easy and cake on! ;)


Thank you for sharing. This is something I hadn’t thought about.

Pam Bergandi

I also have a $1,000,000 policy. Venues here require it. Mine is through State Farm @$325 a year. I wouldn’t want to lose everything we have worked for all these years.

CuriAUSSIEty Cakes

Yep I am so glad you did the insurance. I did not have it the first 2 years but have had mine now for 1 year and am so glad I did it. Like Shannon said most wedding venues will not let you supply the cake unless you have proof of insurance. Just the piece of mind is worth it.