Chocolate cakes are among the most popular choices of people and can be used for any occasion. Be it for celebrating a birthday party, wedding anniversary or any other ceremony, chocolate cakes can be the best thing that you include in the menu.
Many cake makers in Brisbane have introduced several innovative recipes of custom cakes which have been popularly used by people for their celebration. Stated below is one such innovative cake recipe that you can make for your loved ones at any period of time. So go through this procedure of making a yummy dark chocolate cake iced with strawberry buttercream:
Ingredients – For The Cake
Ingredients – For Strawberry Buttercream
Procedure – Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 3500 F. Take 3 round cake pans and grease them. Use greased parchment paper for lining up the bottom of the pans and keep them aside. Boil the water.
2. Take a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
3. Take another separate bowl and mix the buttermilk, eggs and oil gently. Add this to the previously made mixture and combine them together with a spoon or rubber spatula. Make sure that both the mixtures have been combined properly. Pour the boiling water as needed and make the batter a thick one.
4. Divide the batter into three parts and place them on the greased cake pans one by one. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted.
5. Take out the cake from oven and let them cool completely.
Procedure – Buttercream
1. Take a heat-proof bowl, pour simmering water into it and whisk sugar, cream, egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until it’s smooth and reaches 1600 F.
2. Add 1 tbsp of butter at a time and keep doing so until the mixture becomes thick, smooth and spreadable. Stir in the vanilla and bean seeds after that.
3. With the help of a blender, blend the strawberries, stir the strained strawberry mixture into the frosting and mix gently.
Final Process – Place one layer of cake and frost it with two cups of buttercream. Repeat the same process with the other two cake layers as well.
And your yummy cake is ready to serve!
Creative Cakes - Deborah Feltham