I was so happy with this cake. A red dragon made entirely of cake except for the end of his tail which I decided just before covering needed to be slight longer so I added a bit of RKT and curled it round a pile of stones. Wings and horns are modelling paste, feet and facial details are sugarpaste. All airbrushed in red, highlighted with bronze Dinkydoodle colour – over red the bronze came out an amazing gold colour.
On my previous dragon cake I hand cut all the scales and wasn’t happy with the end result – I engineered my own little scale-making tool using some florist wire and it looked way better, especially for the smaller scales, and once it was airbrushed it made the pattern really stand out