Here’s my contribution to the Sugar Myths & Fanatsies 2.0 collaboration. Her Name is Be Shie. She’s a centaur, a demon of the mythology in ancient China. Instead of being creatures of the grassland forests, the Chinese centaurs were desert demons who lived primarily in the western desert areas. It’s said that the horns of such creatures can cure all diseases.
How i loved making this cake using different materials and techniques.
- The horns are hand made from modelling paste.
- The flowers are made from fondant. First time making the succulent and the string of pearls free hand formed. For the red blossoms i have used plunger cutters.
- The waterfall was made from isomalt and it’s my 2nd time working with it.
- Be Shie was dusted with edible colours, NOT PAINTED!! The whole cake was dusted!! I know i have an airbrush waiting in a cupboard ready to be used!! 😅😅😅
- To get some structures on the bottom tier i have used wafer paper.
Hope this informations help you to get into my cake decorating spirits.
For more beautiful creations please visit our page and spread some love. https://www.facebook.com/SugarMythsandFantasies2.0/