Why is this child crying? was my first reaction to the haunting painting I saw during my research. I knew this was what I’d been looking for and so set to paint it onto sugar i’d made to look like a canvas. The tears are isomalt. I dont know if the image is of a child facing an uncertain future or a young mother knowing the tragic fate of her unborn child. I like this ambiguity, either way is heartbreaking.
By now you will know that the Team Red cakes are all made to raise awareness and funding to help those in need with HIV, malaria and ‘Getting to Zero’ means that one day no baby will be born with HIV. Please support this if you can and visit our pages – here are the links….
1. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BeTeamRed
2. Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/unsugarart/
3. Instagram: https://instagram.com/unsugarart
4. Donations: https://www.gofundme.com/beteamred
5. Shirts: https://www.bonfirefunds.com/unsa-beteamred
6. Magazine: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/mag/0425548001447380235
7.tutorial magazine: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/mag/0593152001447957091
Julie, York, UK, http://www.facebook/IBakedSomeCakes.com