70 – 120 minutes depending on your equipment
• 200g Chopped butter
• 200g Good white chocolate
• 250g Dark brown sugar
• 180ml Hot water
• 1 ½ tbsp. Golden syrup
• 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
• 2 eggs (room temperature)
• 150g Plain flour
• 150g Self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare 8" cake pan with non-stick spray and baking paper.
2. Melt butter, chocolate, sugar, water, golden syrup and vanilla essence in a heavy-based pot. Stir over medium-low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each. Slowly sift combined flours over wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into pan and bake in preheated oven for 70-120 mins or until a flat blade knife comes out almost clean. Stand cake for 20 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
This is fabulous with my caramel ganache…..and even better warm with ice cream ;)
Raewyn, Sydney, Australia https://www.facebook.com/cakesbyraewyn