Pink Velvet CakeCaymancake’s Pink Velvet Cake Ingredients: 2 1/4 C all purpose flour 2 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (about 3/4 C) 1 1/2 C white sugar 4 large eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/4 C milk 8 oz white...
- 2 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (about 3/4 C)
- 1 1/2 C white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 8 oz white chocolate, melted
- Pink gel food colouring
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar to the creamed butter and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Alternately beat in dry ingredients and milk – starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Add melted white chocolate and mix until just incorporated.
- Add a few drops of gel food colouring until the desired pink colour is acheived (usually 1/8 to 1/4 tsp is enough).
- Bake cake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until done. For cupcakes, bake for about 20 minutes.