I would like to share with you a simple tutorial about How to make a Christmas tree inside a cake.
Ingredients for the green batter
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml hot water
- 2 tsp of oil
- 240 grams sugar
- 240 grams all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Green food coloring
Ingredients for the yellow batter
- 3 eggs
- 6 tsp hot water
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams all purpose flour
001. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and put the yolks into the mixing bowl.
002. Add sugar, turn on the mixer on the highest speed and add the hot water.
003, 004. Color the batter using the food coloring.
005. Add oil and mix it until the batter is thick(around 10 minutes.)
006. Beat the egg whites. Turn the Oven and set the temperature to 180 Celsius Degrees(356 Fahrenheit).
007. Add the flour and beaten whites into the batter and stir it well.
008. Pour the batter on a baking pan, put into the oven and bake around 15 – 18 minutes.
009. Put the baking paper inside the square mold 15×15cm with the height 10cm. Use oil to fix the paper on the sides.
010. Cut the trees from the green batter.
011. Put two stripes of green batter on the bottom of the mold and put cut trees on it.
012. Make the yellow batter. Separate yolks from the whites and put them into the mixing bowl. Add sugar, turn the mixer on the highest speed and add hot water. Mix it until the batter is thick(around 10 minutes). Beat the egg whites, add them together with the flour into the yolks mass and stir it well.
013. Pour several spoons of batter on the bottom, so that it reached the top of the stripes.
014. Put the trees one next to another to one row.
015. Create another row next to the first one.
016. Gradualy pour the yellow batter to mold, stir the batter with the other side of the spoon so that there weren’t bubbles.
017. Yellow batter reaches just above the tree tops.
018. Preheat the oven to 170C / 340F and bake the cake for 40 minutes or until a flat blade knife comes out almost clean.
Take the cake out from the mold and cool it before decorating. Cut it, fill in with bitter team – use green team where the green batter is and yellow where the yellow batter is. Put the cake into the fridge for several hours.