Cupcakes are delicious and cute. These are perfect desserts for kids. Variety of flavored cupcakes in Brisbane are available in cake shops. These cakes may be of chocolate flavor, vanilla flavor, red velvet flavor – the list is endless. These small and cute cupcakes can even be easily made all by yourself. Below are some simple steps of how to make butterscotch cupcake. You can make this for your kid and surprise him or her. Have a look at the preparation method:
For the Cupcakes:
1. Flour: 2-1/3 cups
2. Baking Powder: 2-1/2 teaspoons
3. Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
4. Butter/ Margarine: 1 cup (softened)
5. Sugar: 1 cup
6. Eggs: 3
7. Vanilla Essence: 1 teaspoon
8. Milk: 2/3 cup
9. Granulated Sugar: 1 cup
10. Vanilla: 2 teaspoons
11. Butterscotch Chips: 3/4 cup (coarsely chopped)
For Caramelized Frosting
1. Butter/Margarine: 1/2 cup
2. Brown Sugar: 1 Cup (Packed)
3. Milk: 1/4 Cup
4. Powdered Sugar: 3-1/2 cups
5. Coarse Salt: 1/2 teaspoon (for garnishing)
1. Heat the oven to 350 degree F. Take 24 regular size of muffin cups, place the paper baking cups there and grease the bottom as well as sides of those muffin cups by spraying baking spray with flour. Take a bowl and mix the flour, salt, baking powder and keep it for further use.
2. Take a bowl, put butter into it and then add the granulated sugar to beat it. Add eggs , vanilla and mix them up. Add the mixture of flour and milk. Mix them up until they are blended smoothly. Put the butterscotch chips into it. Take the mixture and fill them up in the muffin cups.
3. Put the muffin cups in the oven and bake them for twenty to twenty five minutes or until it turns into golden brown. After baking, let them cool in the pan for about five minutes. Take out the cupcakes from the pan and let them cool completely for thirty minutes.
4. On the other side, take a saucepan and put 1/2 cup of butter on the pan and heat it until it melts down. Stir in the brown sugar. Stir constantly. Stir in about 1/4 cup of milk. Boil it and then remove it from heat. Then cool it until it becomes lukewarm. Then stir in the powdered sugar. Frosted cooled cupcakes are ready. Sprinkle each with the said kosher salt.
And your cupcakes are ready to serve!
Creative Cakes - Deborah Feltham