I imprinted the entire (white) base cake with a wooden imprint mat, then I defined the lines and wooden slats by hand with a veining tool.
I sprayed with a diluted black to get the grey/ white-washed effect.
I imprinted the square roof tiles with a corduroy imprint roller.
I sprayed the orange inner windows with grey and purple sheen.
The tree is fondant covered RKT. Sprayed darker to give it depth. The pumpkins are lightly sprayed to give shadow. The witch, the cat, pumpkins and skeleton are designed around party stationery that was used by the client.
I struggled to figure out how to mold the skeleton. After trying to pipe with royal icing, I decided to just sculpt by hand with fondant. The raised arm is wired.
I enjoyed making this so much! I found it difficult to down tools with this cake! TFL!