Loren Ebert ...
I’ve used this one before…
2 3/4 cups (344 g) cake flour
2 1/2 tsp. (12.5 g) baking powder
1 cup (227 g) butter, softened
2 cups (400 g) white sugar
1 (3 oz) (84 g) package strawberry flavoured gelatin
1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
1 tbsp. (15 g) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120 ml) strawberry puree
• Preheat the oven to 350°F; and line 2 × 9″ round cake pans with parchment or wax circles.
• Sift cake flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
• In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and powdered gelatin until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing it in after addition of each.
• Stir the flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
• Add the vanilla extract and strawberry puree.
• Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 30 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.
• Let the cake cool in pans for about 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. Invert again to another rack to prevent the cake from splitting.
© 2011-2015 CakesDecor.com. All Rights Reserved.
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on CakesDecor.com (CD) are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of CD. CD will not be held liable for the actions of any user.