This cake was made for a child with so many anaphylactic conditions its scary! This was his first ‘real’ cake and he was scared but very excited about it. The only thing he couldn’t eat were the toppers, partly because of the tylose setting them hard, but also because of the the minute traces of citric acid in the colouring. He also has an allergy to citrus!
I needed to make every element to ensure there was no contamination. the fondant was a challenge because it doesnt react like regular fondant.
My thanks to the The Clever Little Cupcake Company for letting me use her design for this cake. The birthday boy brought in the design and requested it.