Building figurines with a wireframe skeleton allows for more dynamic poses and positioning. I like to use a thick, flexible aluminium wire which is easily available in craft stores. First, bend the wire into a basic proportioned shape, winding the wire round itself to add strength. Allow a long end of wire at the base to stick the wireframe into a piece of foam. Pose the wireframe in the desired position. Wrap aluminium foil around the body to bulk it up as desired. You could...
This is our first attempt at an iconic character. We were pretty happy with the results!We couldn’t find any help on line, so this is how we made our goofy. We hope it can help! First always make your colors in estimated sizes so that you have it ready when you need it. Stopping to make a color can really slow up your progress and take up a lot of time. Just keep in ziploc as you work. Make 3 balls out of the blue. This will end up the body and the two legs. Roll t...
Wanted to do a Peony without having to purchase expensive cutter, if you have a peony set you can use them for this but the larger cutter makes for a bigger Peony so you may want to use your cutter for the 4 smallest petals then use the largest cutter in this setThis is a $2 Set of heart shaped cutters 5 hearts in total using a heavy set of scissors(they have sharper edge) bend the top edge to the shape of petals as shown, petals are perfect edges so does matter just similar shapes to shown p...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
finished Tulip rather large, I don’t have a small vase so this is sitting in a champagne flute You’ll need and foam board, rolling pin, ball tool, gumpaste (small ammount of white and whatever colour you want the base of your tulip to be), edible glue (just a bit of tylose dissolved into water) 26 gauge wire & 1 20 gauge wire (both wrapped) Veiner (this one is from Way Beyond Cakes by Mayen etsy store) and a tulip petal cutter(this one is a large one from Sugar Delites) ...
The final product =)
Hi everyone! This is my first real tutorial and there are some missing photos so bare with me. I hope I have explained this clearly enough and that it’s not a terrible bore. :) Here we go: I started by tracing and cutting (3) 12” circles and (2) 3 1/2” circles out of foam board with an xacto knife. The 12” will be part of the base of the cake and the 3 1/2” will be for top of tower/roof. I then glued the 3 foam board pieces and (1) 12” cake bo...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
How to Cover a Square Cake Drum – (12” or smaller) Materials Needed: Cake drum (I always use ½” thick) 12” x 12” sheet scrapbook paper Roll of contact paper Scissors STEP 1Trim your craft paper to the size of your cake board. If you’re using a 12” inch square cake board and a 12” x 12” inch scrapbook sheet (like I’m using today), you don’t have to do any trimming! Awesome! STEP 2Cut your contact paper about 6 inches bigger ...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries
- cakesbyraewyn - 7 entries
- lafeeinthecake - 6 entries
- SweetLin - 6 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 6 entries
- Callicious Cakes - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries