This tutorial is the technique that I came up with that made it easier for me to make sure that I got straight even sides and a completely flat top every time I ganached a cake. The technique I came up with is kind of a mix of the upside down method that everyone knows about and the technique used by Faye Cahill where she uses two boards (one on top and one on bottom) to help ganache her cakes. My technique as I say is a mix of both and hopefully you find it helpful. There are many way...
I have seen other tutorials on this “Patterns inside a cake” technique but I didn’t know the importance of making the inside image tight if you want each piece to reflect a perfect image. My husband thought up this idea and it works great! I baked a pink cake and cut a small wedge to cut my piece out of. This is all the pieces.. see how they are wedge shaped? This allows for a tight image. Now place the hearts upside down in a small pool of cake mix. I u...
two brands of food safe FDA approved silicone mold I use . I buy this two from Michael’s using 40-50% coupons. The box comes with two different colored component. varieties of knick knacks one may use to make a silicone mold impression :) hunt around your house for a “dish” deep enough to hold the mold you’re planning to make. It doesn’t have to be fancy, even a disposable container cover will do :) take equal amount of each silicone component, knead ...
Lilly of the Valley Make a beautiful Filler flower and also makes a beautiful spray Please check out my facebook page and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! Please note my tutorials show how I make my flowers, everyone has different methods and as I have been asked how I wanted to share mine. :-) https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-lavande-cake-boutique/160426474021741
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
Made from modelling chocolate & a pair of small scissors you’ll need blue modelling Chocolate in NZ I prefer Chocolate Earth brand as mall ammount of white & a tiny amount of black (you can use fondant for white & black if easier), small ammount of pale tan & brown modelling chocolate (or fandant) small pair of Scizzors, ball tool, cake dummy & a knife(optional rubber ended brush) you’ll need roughly these dimensions for the body/head/arms & legsRoll a c...
Hi everyone! I have worked with Modelling Chocolate (referred to as M/C throughout this article) many times over the past few months, trying to find the perfect recipe, and the best ways to use it. I have encountered many wonderful results, but also disasters, mistakes and mishaps. This is why I have decided to write this article, so none of you will ever have to perform a M/C ‘test-period’ again! Modelling Chocolate has changed the wonders of modern day Sugarcraft. It has adde...
1) What you will need.Fondant, a ruler, exacto knife, rolling pin, water and a brush2) Roll fondant out about 1/8-1/16’ thick then trim down to 4×43) Then divide into 4 sections of 2×2. I only cut 4 squares at a time. Too many more and they will start to dry out before you can get to them4) Gather one end like you would if you were making a bow.5)Then the other side.6) Now this is the “Billow” I smash the ends flat.7) Slightly fold the edges in t...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. ...
Hopefully the photographs are self explanatory, any questions please ask!! :) xxx Hope you all like it . For more Tutorials visit my FB page please http://www.facebook.com/Tortova
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- FindYourCake - 8 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries
- cakesbyraewyn - 7 entries
- lafeeinthecake - 6 entries
- SweetLin - 6 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 6 entries
- Callicious Cakes - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries