Food Hygiene IBC vs SBC
Just curious as to what your opinions are as to IBC vs SMC
regarding possible food poisoning as SMC only really goes up 140F or 60C , to kill most pathogens you must go to 75C or 167F, , to me this makes it a little dangerous if you cake is sitting at room temp for a few hours, room temp is usually the most dangerous temperature for growing nasties, especially when I see postings as to best way of removing pieces of shell is with the rest of shell which can be covered with so many things like campylobacter, salmonella etc
Then there is IBC (no harder to make) that pasteurises the egg as you pour on sugar at 115C or 239F, I always use IBC over SBC for this very reason, not a likely to grow bacteria sitting at room temp…..I know sugar helps prevent bacteria growing but is it worth the risk… I have grown up in a household that food poisoning could kill my father, so abet a little paranoid, or weird things can happen with food poisoning , recently my mother was in a wheelchair for a couple of months due to reactive arthritis from getting food poisoning from a chicken burger at a well known fast food place…1 year later she is still struggling with physio to get her leg working properly again…I only tell you this to highlight some of the ramifications of food poisoning.
Now Please I am not having a go at anyone… I just want your opinions… I believe this is a topic that warrants discussion