What is this type of cake called!?

Forum: Cakes & Cake Decorating


I tried a new recipe the other day as I’m doing a wedding cake for a family friend and thought I might try something different from a normal lemon drizzle recipe. I did some research online and found this one http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/amalfi-lemon-layer-cake/ – (This is a UK recipe by the way) I really loved the way the cake turned out, the texture is amazing!
However, its really bugging me that I don’t know what this kind of sponge is called, I’ve searched online and cannot find anything. I would love to know for future reference, does anyone know?

Thanks, Annabel xx


1 0
Share Tweet

1 Reply

SugarMagicCakes (Christine) ...

Hi Annabel, sorry i had a look but i dont know what its called either. Great sounding recipe anyway so ive bookmarked it!