Today we have a commonly loved and baked dessert consisting of carrots. Mommy reads out stories where bunnies love carrots and when moms bake them it is easy to feed a child with them along with dessert.
1. 250 gms or 2-3 cups of all-purpose flour
2. Use 4 eggs
3. 100 gm. Butter
4. 3 cups of grated carrots
5. 1tsp. baking powder
6. ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds if desired
7. 1-1/2 cup sugar
8. You can use vegetable oil or rice bran oil to replace butter
9. The ingredients may vary with liking, you may increase the quantity of carrots or make it lesser. Add raisins and cashew or pistachios to replace the walnuts.
For the frosting use icing sugar and orange juice for a tangy taste or use cream cheese, margarine, vanilla essence 1tsp. and 2-3 tbsp. milk for smooth frosting.
1. Initially begin by greasing the tin and sprinkle some flour over it. The oven is preheated up to 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C.
2. The flour is sieved with baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Sugar, butter or oil and vanilla essence are stirred in well to make it white and light, ad grated carrot, cinnamon or nutmeg powder.
4. Eggs are beaten briskly with hand electric mixer for light and fluffy dessert.
5. Finally add all the ingredients and mix well.
6. Walnuts or other chosen dry fruits are topped over the runny batter. For a soft and moist dessert the batter is a bit more liquid.
7. Bake the dessert for 30-45 minutes or till the needle comes out clean. After baking and cooling adorn with frosting.