This is a softly sweet filling made from mascarpone which is an Italian cheese made of cream and a citric acid base. Because of that, it enhances sweet flavors and pairs well with fresh fruit. This filling can be used to fill cakes or cupcakes, or even frost their exterior (if kept refrigerated).Ingredients
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese (Chilled)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries (thawed/drained frozen strawberries may be used)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Gently blend together all ingredients until smooth. To keep the strawberries intact, use a spatula to mix. If you are going to pipe the filling, use a food processor to blend until smooth.
2. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.