I like to use this recipe from Rabecca Sutterby WHITE ALMOND SOUR CREAM CAKE W/ VARIATIONS
• 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) 1.50
• 1 cup all-purpose flour.32
• 1 cup granulated sugar32
• ¾ teaspoon salt.01
• 1? cups water.05
• ? cup vegetable oil.27
• 1 teaspoon real vanilla.03
• 1 teaspoon almond extract.03
• 1 cup sour cream1.00
• 4 large egg whites (or 3 eggs).48
• Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
• Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
• Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
• Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
• Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done.
• Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
• For chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes and substitute 6 whole eggs for the egg whites.
• For liqueur flavors: substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe.
• For berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.
• For lemon cake: substitute lemon juice for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe, use 6 whole eggs instead of the whites, stir in 1 Tblsp lemon zest, and use 1 tsp of a good lemon extract in place of the almond.
• For white chocolate: melt 8oz white baking chocolate & cool slightly. use 6 whole eggs in the recipe instead of the whites, temper the chocolate by stirring in a small amount of the batter, then add the white chocolate to the entire batter and stir well. Doesn’t bake up quite as high as the original, so add a pinch more batter to the pans.
© 2011-2016 CakesDecor.com. All Rights Reserved.