I like to use this recipe from Rabecca Sutterby WHITE ALMOND SOUR CREAM CAKE W/ VARIATIONS
• 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) 1.50
• 1 cup all-purpose flour.32
• 1 cup granulated sugar32
• ¾ teaspoon salt.01
• 1? cups water.05
• ? cup vegetable oil.27
• 1 teaspoon real vanilla.03
• 1 teaspoon almond extract.03
• 1 cup sour cream1.00
• 4 large egg whites (or 3 eggs).48
• Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
• Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
• Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
• Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
• Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done.
• Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
• For chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes and substitute 6 whole eggs for the egg whites.
• For liqueur flavors: substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe.
• For berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.
• For lemon cake: substitute lemon juice for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe, use 6 whole eggs instead of the whites, stir in 1 Tblsp lemon zest, and use 1 tsp of a good lemon extract in place of the almond.
• For white chocolate: melt 8oz white baking chocolate & cool slightly. use 6 whole eggs in the recipe instead of the whites, temper the chocolate by stirring in a small amount of the batter, then add the white chocolate to the entire batter and stir well. Doesn’t bake up quite as high as the original, so add a pinch more batter to the pans.
© 2011-2015 CakesDecor.com. All Rights Reserved.
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on CakesDecor.com (CD) are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of CD. CD will not be held liable for the actions of any user.