Cake Decorating Forums

1,273 views, 0 by Margie

receipe for coconut cupcake

Made these delish cocout cupcakes, with fill them with a cream and now need a frosting, any suggestions

867 views, 0 by Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Shameless Sweets by Sarah

Recipes.. Write your own or use others?

Hi everyone! I am relatively new to cake decorating (I have been doing it for family and myself for a few years now but in the last few months I have actually started charging for cakes and getting orders yay!) This will probably be the first of...

1,114 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

whipped ganache

Hi guys….has anyone got a recipe for a good whipped ganache??? I’ve read lots of different ones on-line with varying ratios and viewpoints on weather or not to refrigerate before whipping?!! Thanks, Sasha

1,585 views, 1 by Paula

Teaching cake art from home, thoughts, ideas?

Has anyone ever thought of that. Since baking from home is illegal in some places like where i live in CA. I thought i would have a cake art studio in my house and teach art class that way. That way the people I teach are baking not me. I have...

1,210 views, 0 by Pam and Nina's Crafty Cakes

Pam and Nina's Crafty Cakes

Cookie cutters

Hi everyone, We were just wondering what everyones “can’t live without cookie cutters” are. You know the ones that you use to cut fondant and use all the time. We don’t have that many, even though it does make cutting shapes so much easier...

1,343 views, 0 by funni

funni

How to like another page on facebook?

I’m new to facebook page….how come i can’t invite another people or like another pages? once i click “like” button it always show demographic of that pages. Anybody have same problem or know how to solve my problem? please help!

1,447 views, 0 by Mikooklin's Cakery

Mikooklin's Cakery

Lapis gumpaste color

I need to make a really dark purple color. But it’s not a purple purple more of a blue purple. It’s a David’s Bridal color but the internet picture of it does not make it look like the swatch I have. I would like to start with a dark purple paste...

10,666 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Sheet Cakes (11x15) (12x18)

First off, I have never baked a cake larger than a 9×13. Anything larger than that size scares me. I have heard my stories of cakes of this size saggy in the middle, not cooked. Could any one give me tips to baking this size cake perfect. Another...

1,917 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

How far ahead can you work?

I have a couple of weeks coming up in the next month or so that are going to be super packed with cakes…and then I have weeks I have no cakes or only 1. So, I’m wondering…how far ahead can I work on decorations for the cakes? (Working with...

1,225 views, 0 by Sharon

Sharon

Canadian Cohorts?

Any other Canadian cakers out there? Home based business or professionals…. Would love to connect!

2,537 views, 1 by Latrell

Latrell

Two Stage Mixing Method

Recently, I have been using the Two Stage Mixing Method to make my cakes. This method produces a very tender, moist cake that actually hold moisture for days. I have used buttercream to ice the cake, but at this point have not used fondant to...

2,761 views, 0 by Teresa Cunha

Teresa Cunha

Wedding taste test

I everyone! I have several wedding cakes ordered this year so far (YAY!) and would like to offer taste tests. I have no idea how to go about it. Can anyone offer me some advise? Thank you!

1,404 views, 1 by Becky Pendergraft

Becky Pendergraft

Gluten Free Tips/Recipes?

Looking for a little advice or even just some really good, tried-and-true recipes here! I still work full-time at a University, just doing cakes in my spare time on the weekends but love to bring in cupcakes and treats for the Grad students in my...

2,332 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Help me spend $! ;)

I am just starting out in my little cake deco business and I have a little money coming that I can use to get some supplies or equipment with. It’s not a lot…let’s say around $500 USD max. What would you buy if you where me? (What...

9,411 views, 0 by Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Prima Cakes and Cookies - Jennifer

Tiered Cake Boxes

Does anyone know where I can get a box that will hold a 3 tiered cake? I need one in a couple of weeks and the Bake-A-Box website has been down for a couple of days now. Any help appreciated. :) Thanks

2,060 views, 1 by TooTTiFruiTTi

TooTTiFruiTTi

Gumpaste Care Bears

Does anyone know or have a tutorial on Gumpaste Care Bears & rainbows. Need it very soon for daughters birthday in a couple of weeks

1,240 views, 0 by Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

My cake picture in the NY Times

I am excited and honored that my gender reveal cake picture will be in an article on gender reveal baby showers. A reporter for the New York Times saw my picture here on Cakes Decor and got in touch with my cake pal Nancy’s Cakes & Beyond...

2,322 views, 0 by Bridgette

Bridgette

Where do you buy sprinkles?

Do you get them online? In bulk or not in bulk?

5,472 views, 0 by Meghan Smith

Meghan Smith

LED Lights for cakes

O.K. guys so I’ve looked and looked and can NOT find the LED multi color lights that people use on cakes. I need the ones that have no wire and typically are the one time use sort of thing? Please please please help! :)

8,317 views, 0 by pink sugar frosting

pink sugar frosting

how to make bed head board and foot board

i m making my daughter BD cake its actually a replicate of her (messy) room just didnt figure out how i make bed headboard and foot board . is any one have any idea .btw her BD is on april 5th