Cake Decorating Forums

3,468 views, 0 by Bridget

Bridget

How to make a 3 tier wedding cake?!

I have never made a wedding cake, does anyone have a how to video / recipe for the cake, aNy help or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

1,216 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - $100 cash winner

Today is the last day of our CakesDecor welcome contest and it’s time to announce the winner of $100 cash for the best cake in the last 30 days. When I was announcing the first winner of our cakesdecor T-shirt 2 months ago, we had 158 members....

823 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

A Giveaway!!

Since you are all die-hard cake and cookie decorators I wanted to share a little giveaway with you! I’m currently running a giveaway on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baking-Sheet/210664827961 We have a number of very...

1,543 views, 0 by Karen

Karen

Need Tiered Cakes boxes?

bakeabox.com just released a tiered cake box and it’s affordable. Check them out. They have all sorts of cake boxes for your business.

1,176 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

PME Tips

I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about the PME tips. the PME tips are super expensive to order, but i do a lot of cookies (you can see my work on my page) with fine detail and the wilton and ateco just aren’t cutting it. the ateco...

1,356 views, 0 by Monique Kleine

Monique Kleine

Fondant Trimming

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any tips for trimming fondant away from the cake once it is covered? I ALWAYS manage to tear it or take off too much and was wondering if there was a secret tip I don’t know about! The videos make it...

2,202 views, 0 by Carrie Freeman

Carrie Freeman

Pricing Help!!

I started my business 6 months ago and the one thing I have trouble with is pricing. I made 2 military cakes for a lady and I believe what I charged was fair, but the lady acted like it was too much. If you could go to my page and look at the 2...

1,130 views, 1 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

Banana Cake

Hi, Bakers, I need a FABULOUS banana cake recipe for cupcakes – I’m doing an anniversary cupcake tower and lots of people will be in attendance at this party (awesome for networking) – LOL. All recipes will be welcome… :)

895 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 8th week winner

Last week we were about to announce the last winner of our stylish T-shirt. Since it was Christmas holiday, we decided to do the random draw one week later. Here is the 8th week random winner of CakesDecor Welcome Contest funfetti ...

2,492 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I would like to thank you all for helping to make this site a great resource of cake decorating inspiration and the place where we can chat with our friends. Seeing this site blossom has been the best Christmas present I could get! I hope in the...

867 views, 0 by sweetonyou

sweetonyou

My photo won't upload

I’m trying to add a photo but it looks like it just keeps trying to upload without ever finishing. Anyone know why?

831 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I would like to thank all the baker friends I’ve made throughout 2011 for their support, tips and advice on how to be the best cake designer I can be. May 2012 be everything you want it to be and may we continue to be a family of cake creators...

1,694 views, 0 by tortacouture

tortacouture

Credit where credit is due

OK, so this is a rant of sorts, but this kind of this infuriates me! If you use another cake decorators cake as inspiration, or hell, if you blatantly copy it, would it really kill people to at least acknowledge that they’ve done so? A quick...

926 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 7th week winner

This week was really special – we have posted our first CakesDecor Interview with Peggy Does Cake and I think it was very successful and inspirational. I’m looking forward to read the next one. *Here is the 7th week random winner of CakesDecor...

1,160 views, 0 by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3

Beautiful on the Inside

I have seen where some of you have used a different colored cake in a particular shape inside your cake and it looks amazing when cut into. (a heart, a clover…) Well, I think I am ready to try this but I have no idea how y’all do it! Do any of...

2,805 views, 0 by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes

only have devils food mixes..Can I make into Red Velvet...How?

Okay…I live in Canada and we can’t get DH red velvet mixes here.My mom always brings them back for me when she is in the US..However I only have 1 mix left..I need 52 cupcakes for an order…I read somewhere that you can turn Devils food mixes into...

1,816 views, 0 by Rita's Cakes

Rita's Cakes

Cricut Cake

Does anyone use the cricut cake for the cakes or cookies they make?

2,715 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

need a quick pour icing recipe

hi everyone! has anyone tried/have a quick pour icing recipe. i would be using it to ice cookies and need it to dry to a hard finish like royal icing. thanks so much for the help!

1,404 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Welcome Contest - 5th week - $100 cash winner

After one month of our CakesDecor welcome contest, we’ve reached 511 members, 2051 comments and 2649 cakes. It was really great month and I hope that December will be at least as great as November. And here is the random winner of our...

1,660 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Orange pineapple filling

Does anyone out there have a good orange pineapple filling recipe? Or a site with filling recipes? Thanks Tara