Cake Decorating Forums

1,177 views, 0 by Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

My cake picture in the NY Times

I am excited and honored that my gender reveal cake picture will be in an article on gender reveal baby showers. A reporter for the New York Times saw my picture here on Cakes Decor and got in touch with my cake pal Nancy’s Cakes & Beyond...

2,272 views, 0 by Bridgette

Where do you buy sprinkles?

Do you get them online? In bulk or not in bulk?

5,239 views, 0 by Meghan Smith

Meghan Smith

LED Lights for cakes

O.K. guys so I’ve looked and looked and can NOT find the LED multi color lights that people use on cakes. I need the ones that have no wire and typically are the one time use sort of thing? Please please please help! :)

7,988 views, 0 by pink sugar frosting

pink sugar frosting

how to make bed head board and foot board

i m making my daughter BD cake its actually a replicate of her (messy) room just didnt figure out how i make bed headboard and foot board . is any one have any idea .btw her BD is on april 5th

960 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

Edible Printers?

So, I’m considering getting an edible printer for my little cake business and I am looking for feedback. Does anyone have any recommendations on brand or any other advice about these?

1,856 views, 0 by Karen

Scam orders

Just received this and wanted to share this with everyone. I immediately knew it was some sort of scam or joke but when I googled her email address it was confirmed. Elizabeth Kerr has sent you a message using your contact form at:...

8,459 views, 0 by Nikki Belleperche

Nikki Belleperche

Carpel Tunnel and piping.

I have the beginning stages of carpel tunnel, and have before I ever even started decorating. To any other bakers with this problem, or ones similar, do you have any advice on how to improve your piping while dealing with it? How to pipe longer?...

15,296 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

Male Torso Cake

Hello Fabulous Cake Artists! I need your advice… I’ve been asked to make a cake similar to this one (giggle giggle!) and I’m not sure how to go about it. I’m thinking I would...

4,182 views, 0 by zaib

iphone cake tips

Hi . i am a newbie to cake decorating . can anyone please share a tutorial of how to make an iphone cake . thank you.

1,598 views, 0 by Latrell

Want to start cake decorating business

Hi All, I want to start a cake decorating business, but I am not sure how to start a home based cake business that will make a profit. How long does it take to see profit? Do most of you cakers keep your day job? Just basically want to know...

2,274 views, 1 by CathyC

I could really use some help. I could use some tips for successful stacking. I’ve noticed that sometimes my cakes come out a little uneven, do you have any tips for perfect stacking? Thanks.

11,409 views, 0 by Ansa

fondant vs buttercream price

When pricing cakes, do you all charge more for fondant vs buttercream or swiss buttercream? Id like to start making some fondant cake but I dont want to make it. I think buying the Satin Ice Fondant would be ok for me to use, however then I...

1,010 views, 0 by StuckOnTheFarm

good firm recipe for ball cake?

Hello! I am going to attamt my first teapot cake with the winton ball pan. I m concerned about the cake holing it’s shape. Does anyone have a good recipe to share for this kind of shape? Any other tips for a teapot cake? Any help is very much...

934 views, 0 by Karen

What camera are you using.

I have a nikon dslr camera and looking for a small compact camera with great quality. Can anyone suggest a couple.

1,961 views, 0 by Lailaa

Cake Cricut Mini

Hi Everyone, So My Lovely Niece just bought me a Cake Cricut for my Birthday!!! I Have Not used it yet but I Alreadly love it LOL. I was wondering if any of you have experience with Cake Cricuts? If so will it be possible for me to use edible...

1,972 views, 0 by MommyJan

phineas and ferb

Hello cakers, anybody has any idea how to do phineas and ferb character? thanks in advance…

2,039 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

grease proof cupcake liners

hi all can anyone help me, I am looking for some really nice colorful or even peacock themed cupcake liners that are grease proof for a wedding I am doing this summer. If anyone has a place they order them from that the could recommend that would...

5,631 views, 0 by marlyn rivera

marlyn rivera

how to lessen the sweetness of fondant

Most of my customer said that fondant is too sweet. I’m using mmf and i also tried to use the homemade fondant(the one with glucose ingredient), both are too sweet for me! I was thinking that fondant is really sweet and was made for people who...

7,592 views, 0 by Latrell

Question about Practicing Cake Decorating Techniques

I know that my question my sound strange, but what is the best way to learn cake techniques and did you all learn them in any particular order. How often do you practice and when practicing do you always use real cakes or foam cake dummies? ...

1,546 views, 0 by Little Cherry

Little Cherry

Advanced Cake classes

anyone know of any? I recently missed an awesome one which I wasnt able to attend due to multiple reasons, travel, money, too busy etc It was a class with Kaysie Lackey. Im just wondering if anyone knows of anyone in the UK who runs classes...