Cake Decorating Forums

1,211 views, 0 by Ann-Marie Youngblood

Ann-Marie Youngblood

Is there a lace we can share tutorials?

Is there a section we can share tutorials we have made or know of to help each other?

3,848 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

TORSO-LESS Wedding dress cake

Hi, everybody, I’ts me again… I need to make a wedding dress cake for a bridal shower. i saw a tutorial on how to make one, but I am having a terrible time getting the “torso” to come out – does anybody know if they sell torsos so I would only...

1,799 views, 0 by firecracker

Solid cake board - non corrugated

Hi all~ Does anyone know where I can get the solid cake board, the ones that are non corrugated. like this video by InspriredByMichelle’s youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/InspiredByMichelle#p/u/3/imfDvvSZn5I Please help~

1,198 views, 3 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CAKE OUT OF A BOX (REALLY GOOD)

Hello, bakers, with the holidays upon us, many of us will be busy and while most of us would prefer to make cakes from scratch, if you find yourself in a pinch because you’re missing ingredients – here’s a recipe I’ve used many times that uses a...

1,123 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Anyone have a really good Vanilla bean cake recipe?

Hi, I am doing a wedding in June and I am looking for a really good Vanilla bean cake recipe. I have to make a 6inch round and 150-175 cupcakes. Also a really good butter cream for piping rosettes would be great. Thanks!

1,009 views, 1 by Christie's Custom Creations(CCC)

Christie's Custom Creations(CCC)

Vanilla Bean Butter Cream

I would really like a good recipe for VBBC.. if anyone would be willing to share. Thanks

2,495 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

LINGERIE BRIDAL SHOWER

I’ve been asked to do a cake for a “Lingerie Bridal Shower.” I have a couple of ideas already, but wanted to know if anyone had ever done a “nightie” on a cake – I want to do something really spectacular because this will be a great opportunity...

1,305 views, 0 by Carrie Ashton

Carrie Ashton

Good crusting cream cheese buttercream

I am looking for a good crusting cream cheese buttercream…does anyone have one they would be willing to share? Thank you in advance. C

1,075 views, 0 by metria

metria

no place for recipes?

it’d be nice to have a section of the site devoted to posting recipes so we can refer to them to other members.

1,500 views, 0 by metria

metria

Food Network casting call for Halloween Wars 2012

From the American Culinary Federation: Are you a pastry chef, confectioner or cake artist? Do you specialize in sugar pulling, gum paste or fondant? If so, the Food Network wants you! Casting is currently underway for season 2 of “Halloween...

4,603 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CAKE FOR AN ENGINEER

ATTENTION ALL BAKERS… I need help coming up with a cake decorating idea… One of my friends is moving his business (Engineering/Architecture) to a new location. He will be having a party to celebrate the ocassion and I agreed to bring the cake. ...

3,399 views, 2 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

LOOKING FOR A DENSE CAKE

My son is graduating in December and I’m making a cake with a couple of books – since I will need to do some carving, I’m looking for a recipe for a dense cake – like the ones used for weddings – I’m open to all suggestions. Thanks!

11,030 views, 1 by metria

metria

# of servings ... Cake + Calculator = Cakulator!

Hello, all! This is my first post here :) I’m only a hobbyist, but my trade is software development. In my spare time I’ve developed an online Flash app for determining the number of servings for a specified cake based on volume. ...

3,399 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

any ideas for a "bridge" cake - (card game)

Hi guys, I’ve got an upcoming order for a 90th birthday….the theme is the card game Bridge…..have google imaged it, but not been particularly inspired yet…..any suggestions?? Thanks so much x

2,508 views, 0 by Cakes and Beyond by Naheed

Cakes and Beyond by Naheed

How to start a home based cakery business

I am in Alabama, I want to start my own home based cake business, but before I do that would like to find out about the laws and regulations. I would appreciate if I could be given some guidance how to go about. Thanks, Naheed

1,165 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

Halloween Contest - And the winner is ...

I would like to thank to all members who participated in our first contest and to all who helped us to share it as well. Finally we there were 13 halloween cakes posted for random draw(for generating random number I used random.org). Here is...

1,627 views, 0 by CakeObserver

CakeObserver

Milk and egg free cakes

Hi, I would like to bake a cake for my daughter’s birthday party but she has a milk protein and egg allergy. Does anyone have suggestions for milk and egg free cake ? Thanks in advance.