Cake Decorating Forums

1,999 views, 0 by Aida Martinez

Aida Martinez

Edible Printer

I would like to get myself a edible printer, but I am not sure which one to get. Canon or Epson. Any tips.

951 views, 0 by ArtisticIcingCakes

ArtisticIcingCakes

To all my fellow Georgia cake decorators- Enact a Cottage Food Law in the State of Georgia!

http://www.change.org/petitions/georgia-state-legislature-enact-a-cottage-food-law-in-the-state-of-georgia Please click on the link above to sign this petition. Thank you! :-D

1,493 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

cake making

when making cakes what do you use… cake mix or make it for scratch?

1,318 views, 0 by Ansa

Ansa

Silicone cake pop pan

Ive seen the metal cake pop pans but I’m looking for the silicone cake pop pan. The metal one I found at Bed Bath &Beyond – the silicone pan is slightly smaller. Has anyone seen them? Thanks- Ansa

1,600 views, 0 by Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Toni (White Crafty Cakes)

Favorite & Least Favorite Part of Making a Cake

What are your favorite and least favorite part of making a cake. Do you like thinking up the design, the actual baking, or do you love the decorating. I love thinking up the design, making all the little details, and the decorating. Playing...

1,561 views, 0 by Fun Fiesta Cakes

Fun Fiesta Cakes

CALLING ALL WEDDING CAKE BAKERS!

My daughter just got engaged and I’m already thinking about her wedding cake – If you have a “favorite” wedding cake that you have done, or want to contribute any ideas or suggestions that would make my life less stressful if I decide to make the...

1,309 views, 0 by Janiepie

Janiepie

Sturdy Choc Cake

I have an order for a very chocolately cake. I love the Hersheys cocoa recipe but I’m afraid it’s too soft to cover with fondant. Anyone experience this or have a great moist recipe to share that’s similar to this one? Thanks!

1,409 views, 0 by Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

Valley Kool Cakes (well half of it~Tara)

How many people will it serve?

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I always have trouble telling people what size cake they should order when they tell me the number of guests. Can you guys tell me how you figure it out? For example I have a lady having a bridal...

2,709 views, 0 by CrystalMemories

CrystalMemories

Funfetti or other flavor cake for a Wedding Cake?

So, I have my 1st wedding cake and they have asked for “funfetti”. I’m a little worried about that holding up on a tiered wedding cake! Does anyone have a good recipe for a version of “Funfetti” that is sturdy too? I am meeting with them next...

1,508 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Interviews - Post questions for The Baking Sheet

This month we’re going to do an interview with Loren-The Baking Sheet ( FB page ) and you have the opportunity to ask her questions. She will choose and answer 3 of them in our interview in the middle of February. Go ahead and be creative ;).

1,521 views, 0 by RitaGreerSC

Painting Premade Gumpaste Roses

I need to darken some red rose sprays to a deep dark red and I’m not quite sure what to use. I’ve tried brushing with petal dust and the color never comes out deep enough. I’ve used Super red and chocolate brown and that didn’t look good either....

1,644 views, 0 by Sheryl BITO

Sheryl BITO

An Interesting Read - Social Norms in the Cake Design Community

Hello everyone, I came across this article recently and I think it’s an interesting point of view by the author. It’s a lengthy one too. (Here’s the original link to the article) Social Norms in the Cake Design Community As part of my...

6,646 views, 0 by Loren Ebert

Loren Ebert

How to achieve a "cranberry" colored icing?

Help! How do I achieve a cranberry/hot pink color? I’m trying to match this ribbon….. Thank you!!

3,198 views, 0 by sasha

sasha

scaling recipes up and down

Ok guys…..so am wanting to try out new cake recipes….my question is….if I’ve found a good one, for say an 8" round…how do I scale it up or down to make other sizes?? Is there a formula out there anyone knows of??? Cheers, Sasha

4,978 views, 0 by Michal Bulla

Michal Bulla

CakesDecor Interviews #2 - Aldoska

Aldoska is a mother of 3 kids, lives with her husband and her two sons in a small village in Czech Republic, Europe. She is happily married and the family is always on the first place in her life. She works as a teacher in special class for...

914 views, 0 by cakes by khandra

cakes by khandra

help on creating rosebuds

I need help on creating rosebuds on a cake. Is there any good videos or sites i can look to help me?

2,111 views, 4 by Becky Pendergraft

Becky Pendergraft

Chocolate Espresso Cupcake Recipe

In honor of Valentine’s Day, thought I’d share what is my ABSOLUTE favorite chocolate cupcake recipe – my super-moist chocolate espresso! I have paired this delectable cupcake with so many different flavors of frostings – peppermint white...

3,885 views, 0 by Tammy

Tammy

Help! need a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe

i have been in search of a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe since i started doing cakes. all the ones i’ve tried have been good, but nothing that blew me away. most recipes i have seen call for milk or cream. however, i need one the does...

2,630 views, 0 by Evelyn Vargas

Evelyn Vargas

Watermarks!!!

Hello everyone just wanted to share some very important information. Please be sure to watermark all your cake images. There is a women on Facebook who has been stealing peoples cake images and adding her watermark to them and posting them on her...

1,489 views, 0 by Latrell

Latrell

Fondant

Which brand of fondant do you prefer and why? Is there a way to flavor fondant?