Moist & Durable Cake for 3-D and Carved Cakes
This cake can be made in many flavor combinations, but I used vanilla as the example. Chocolate cake/pudding can be used as well as White cake/coconut or banana pudding, Vanilla cake/white chocolate pudding, etc.
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake mix
- 1 Small Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (4 serving package)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, water, egg whites and sour cream on low speed until blended.
- Slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients, then mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes. (batter will be quite thick)
- Pour into prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on cake pan size.
- After removing cake(s) from the oven, let stand 10 minutes in their pans, then remove and place on a cooling rack.