chocolate decadence #2: Faux Ganache or "Crusting Chocolate Buttercream" GF, LF
Hello, good morning!
just wonna post in case I ever loose my recipe book, I can come back here:
when covering a cake, you have to work faster than with butercream, but you have ways more time compared to ganache. I tried this combination because I wasn’t in the mood for making a real ganache (it takes a while if you don’t have a microwave). it’s a super fast recipe and I find it finger-licking good. Exactly tastes like the filling of “Prinzenrolle”, an Austrian cookie that I loved as a kid ;-) I used to seperate the two cookies and first lick the chocolate filling.
gluten-free & lactose-free Crusting Chocolate Buttercream
1 1/2 cup Crisco
1/5 cup corn-starch (Maizena)
1 cup Cocoa powder (dutch processed)
1 pound of powderd sugar (about 500g)
1/4 cup hot coffee
a shot of vanille extract (aprox. 1tblsp)
1. cream corn-starch en shortening
2. add cocoa powder, vanilla and hot coffee
3. add sugar and mix on low till incoorporated. add liquid as it isn’t smooth enough.
the left-overs are also nice as cupcake topper!
have fun and Happy Baking, Olivia.
- Part 1: bourbon chocolate cake
- Part 2: Faux Ganache or "Crusting Chocolate Buttercream" GF, LF