So you have finally managed to squeeze out an hour or two from your busy schedule and sat down to decide the menu items for your Christmas party. Everything has made it to your list of scrumptious delicacies – starters, main course, drinks – but you haven’t been able to pick something for the dessert yet. Want to try something unique? How about blueberry swirl cheesecake? Besides being a taste-bud-pleasing confection in Brisbane, it is also fun to prepare, especially with kids. Here’s a simple step-by-step recipe:
- 125g of fresh blueberries
- 140g of melted unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of soft icing sugar
- 900g of softened cream cheese
- 300g of crushed sweet biscuits (plain)
- 250g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 200 ml of sour cream
- Preheat your oven to around 180 degrees Celsius, then grease a cake tin (20 × 30 cm) and line it with baking paper.
- Now take a medium sized bowl and add the icing sugar & blueberries in it, along with a little bit of water. Mash up the berries and mix everything properly until they have uniformly combined.
- Next, place the melted butter & crushed biscuits in a large bowl, and stir them together using a wooden spoon. After that, tip this concoction carefully in the base of your cake tin and press firmly with fingers for covering the base.
- Introduce the tin inside the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Then take it out and turn down the heat to nearly 110 degrees.
- Mix the sugar & cream cheese with the help of an electric mixer until smooth. Keep the mixer’s speed on medium and slowly beat in the vanilla, flour, sour cream and eggs. Pour this mixture over your cooled base. Later, drop the blueberry concoction you prepared earlier, over the fillings using a tablespoon. If you wish to create patterns, then swirl with a spoon’s handle lightly.
- Place the tin back in the oven, cook for another 45 minutes and bring it out. When your cake is ready, its centre would slightly wobble. Allow the preparation to cool and then keep it inside the refrigerator for roughly 4 hours.
If you can’t bake to save your life, order a blueberry swirl cheesecake from one of the reputed cake makers providing custom cakes in Brisbane. It will save you time, and you can also have the dessert delivered right on the day you need it.
Creative Cakes - Deborah Feltham