Celebrating birthday parties is always fun and exciting, especially if it is your hubby’s birth anniversary. You can organise a bash and include different types of interactive activities in it. If you don’t have any idea about the activities of a birthday party, then looking up online references can help. Apart from that, you will need to send out invitations at least a week before the big day. Book a venue of the party and appoint a reputed caterer as well. Decorate the place with heart shaped balloons, ribbons, candles and glitters.
Planning a surprise birthday party is something that most people do. So besides arranging a secret bash for him, try something different too this year. How about surprising him by making a unique birthday cake all by yourself! Chocolate cakes are said to be one of the best and most romantic mediums for showing love and affection to your partner. So here is a superb and easy chocolate cake recipe for you. Have a look at the undermentioned ingredients and methods:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 1/3 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1½ cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 3500 F (1750 Centigrade). Grease two cake pans measuring 9 inch.
2. Take a medium sized bowl, add sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and stir gently. Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix them together for about 3 to 4 minutes with the help of an electric mixer. Pour the mixture into the 2 pans evenly.
3. Bake them for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Check if a toothpick, when inserted in the cakes, is coming out clean or not. If not, then bake for another 5 minutes. Let the cakes cool down completely. Remove them from the pans and keep them aside.
4. Prepare the frosting by using cream butter. Stir until it becomes fluffy and light. Mix the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa with vanilla and milk. Beat the mixture to an unrolling consistency.
5. Split the cooled cake layers horizontally. Cover up each layer with frosting. Apply the frosting on the exterior surface of the cake.
6. Don’t forget to write your husband’s name on top of the cake.
You will only need to spend 1 and a half hour to prepare this yummy cake for your husband. Present the cake to him and get ready to watch him happy and surprised!
Making this chocolate cake is easy and exciting. However, if you don’t have much time to prepare it, get a unique birthday cake for your man from Deborah Feltham’s Creative Cakes in Brisbane.
Creative Cakes - Deborah Feltham