1 C butter, softened
3 C sugar
5 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1-2 tsp lemon extract (to your liking)
3 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
1 1/4 C sour cream
1/4 C sour cream
2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 1/2 C confectioners’ sugar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (between 3-5 minutes).
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. (Sift or whisk together to incorporate all ingredients well).
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternatively with the sour cream.
5. Beat just until combined.
6. Pour into a greased and floured pan (it’s enough for a 10 inch bundt or 2 8 inch rounds (2 inch)).
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centre comes out clean.
8. Cool for at least 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
1. Beat sour cream and butter together until blended.
2. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar.
3. Beat in lemon juice and peel.
4. Drizzle over cake. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.