150 grams (5 oz) softened butter
150 grams (5 oz) white sugar
150 grams (5 oz) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 315 degrees and prepare pans.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy (3-5 minutes)
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in flour and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the vanilla extract.
6. Pour into pans and bake for 50 minutes or until the cake is a light golden colour and toothpick comes out clean.
7. Leave cake in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool completely on rack.
This is a small recipe for a 5-6" pan. You can easily double or triple this recipe. It is all weighted, so just make sure that your butter, sugar and self-raising flour are all the same weight. It is a very delicious cake! I hope you give it a try!