- 375g of good white chocolate
- 180g of chopped butter
- 250ml milk
- 165g caster sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 150g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare 8” cake pan with non-stick spray and baking paper
2. Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture until completely smooth. Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Stir flours together in a large bowl. Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
5. Repeat with another cup of the chocolate mixture.
6. Add remaining chocolate mixture and stir until mixture is smooth. This gradual method of combining the wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.
7. Pour mixture into pan and bake in preheated oven for 60-70 mins or until a flat blade knife comes out almost clean. Stand cake for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Very yummy with white chocolate ganache or even tastier with Caramel Ganache!
-- Raewyn, Sydney, Australia http://www.facebook.com/pages/CakesbyRaewyn/205607579476102