Comic relief cupcakes
I made a couple of dozen cupcakes for Comic Relief last week and took them into work. I made about £36 so I made it up to an even £50 and felt very pleased to have given my little bit towards such a great cause and another reason to make cake!
Again, I nearly threw the buttercream icing bowl out of the window because I couldn’t get the colour I wanted. I was trying to get a comic relief red, and was using Christmas red gel colouring but all I could achieve was a red-ish pink. The fondant cakes were better as I used ready made red.
I did pinwheels for the second ever time as they’re a doddle to make but look very effective and work with any colour theme.
Thanks everyone at work for donating and munching all my cupcakes up!