I tried this toadstool cake for my eldest daughter’s 5th birthday and was relatively pleased with the result. I was aiming to make it look as close to the photograph in the book as possible, as I was (and am still!) in the early stages of learning the skills needed and I had only made a handful of cakes up to this point. The Debbie Brown cakes in the Children’s Party Cakes book that I have attempted so far are fairly easy to replicate. I used modelling paste for the fairy arms and heads, but made all sorts of errors with the glitter. Tucking the fondant under the mushroom cap was a bit of a faff. I needed to roll the fondant thinner. At this point I was using supermarket bought fondant, which I don’t find that easy to work with.