Well I got my little one to sleep and jumped up to start decorating the house and moulding the last one. The mould was still demo do I popped it in the oven for 10 minutes. Earlier I tried melting the chocolate and filling a piping bag, it worked fine filling the small areas such as people but seemed a waste of time for the large panels. I was back to the trusted plastic jug pouring, shaking and tapping till it was level in the mould. It’s was setting in the fridge do I decided ...
Normally at this time of year I have all the teachers presents sorted, normally something personalised or unusual but this year I bought a house mould from lakeland. I tested it out for my brother in laws 18 th and he loved it so decided that’s what I would do for my daughters 3 teachers As per usual I’ve left it till the last minute but I had been making my battlefield cookie cake. So this morning I made a start on melting the chocolate. All has not gone to plan :-( the first h...
Right before I start close your eyes and imagin a 3 tiered Xmas tree with a stump covered in pretty lights red tasseled sugarveil for tinsel and isomalt baubles :-) that’s what my mess was suppose to look like. As you can tell it didn’t go to plan I know it’s my own fault in not practicing before the day I need it completing but another lesson learned at my expense and I’m gutted. The tree went ok top is plain Madeira the 2nd chocolate Madeira 3 lemon and trunk ch...
Well been upto my eyes in it this last week. I did go Xmas shopping and landed in tkmax to my joy I found had a cakey dept :-) I ended up with a blow torch, train cake mould, nice decorative cake stand, and loads more for 1/2 the price (I did also get some Xmas presents for people lol)I also got 1/2 my Xmas present form my mum a new mixer and its fab as it is a stand one that can detach as well 390w a lot better than my 120w hand mixer. I’m entering a Xmas cake comp so been busy trying...
Well what have I been upto these past couple of days? The answer making Xmas elves for my daughter Xmas fair. I found the idea on the pink whisk website they looked fab. I had everything in already to make them so didn’t really cost anything. First I made the sugar cookie dough ad cut them out with a love heart cutter which made 2 elf heads as you cut them in half. I moulded them onto lolly sticks securing further with an extra blob of dough and set them in the oven for 15 minut...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries