What is Brush Embroidery?It is a decorative technique used in sugar craft art. A paintbrush is stroked through royal icing leaving behind brush strokes which resemble stitching in fabric. It looks so beautiful and effective and it is not overly time consuming, what could be better! How can I use this technique?2D and 3D flowers, 2D animals and objects, ocean wave tips, fur (e.g. adding texture in a structured way) and as an outline/border. These images could be put on, for example ca...
Thanks to a few people who have urged me to share the process of making a fondant fairy plaque, I’ve created a photo tutorial. Enjoy..and let me know if you have any questions :) I found a fairy image I liked by Googling “fairy coloring pages.”. I’ve also done several ‘Rainbow magic fairy’ cakes in the past. Print at least two copies to scale for your cake. In this photo, you see the bottom of an 8 inch cake pan. I made a seven inch round ...
This is a simple tutorial for embedding a design on that giant cupcake cake chocolate shells. Materials needed: Candy melts or chocolate melting wafers Candy colors paint brush Mould of your choice – for this, I simply used a clean, recycled cookie container. :) How to:1. Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave or using a double broiler.2. Separate a small amount you would need for your “painting” and tint them with oil-based colors. *It is a must to u...
I received a lot of interest in this cake board for my latest cake which had a boot on it and so have put together a few pictures I took during the process. 1. Roll out fondant onto board. Mix the fondant to the lightest shade of the stone and add bits of darker shades, roughly moulded in to the paste (I use fairly old fondant mixed with tylose to avoid ripping of the fondant at this stage and also mix bits of old and dry fondant in to create more of an ‘outdoor’ look!) ...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. ...
As this is a question I get asked quite a bit, I decided to photo my latest cupcake bouquet every step of the way to show exactly how it’s done. It’s fairly easy to do and by using different colours and decorations you can create a beautiful bouquet that not only looks lovely but tastes great too! BakerLou – Cupcake Bouquet Tutorial You will need:A suitable container (I like to use metal buckets that are easily available from florist suppliers, they are approx 6”...
In this tutorial I want to show you how to make a fondant ruffle flower. Ruffle flower accessories are chic and fashionable and can even be made out of fondant. They are a unique and clever way to accessorize a cupcake! You will need a circle cutter. I used a 2 inch round cutter to cut out 5 circles. Roll out your fondant so that it is thin. Working with one circle at a time, fold it in half but make sure it is dusted with cornstarch and that the edges are not sticking ...
I’m using only pictures for this one, hope they all speak for themselves. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them! XXX Barbara Hoogendoorn | Taart Nouveau | Netherlands
In March I made my youngest daughter Jasmine, a very special little guy to sit on both her ‘at home’ family cake and then her special ‘party’ cake later in the week. Elmo rules her world, or should I say MoMo! At the Christmas parade in our main street the only man in red she was interested in was Elmo, as you can imagine, Santa was devastated and I have heard he is seeking professional counselling :( However, I digress, so Elmo HAD to be on her birthday cake! Now those of you who are Mums...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries