Sorry have been a bit behind in posting some of my tutorials. here with you.. Oops..- I made a video on gum paste legs for my Facebook page as a treat when I hit 7000 fans which took off and had many more request. Unfortunately can’t upload that here. Can I? Would have loved to share that too. This was the second video I did on legs with boots. It’s on you tube so easier to upload. Thanks for watching.
While preparing fondant covered sugar cookies to send to Sydney I realized there are several mediums, in cake decorating, for creating decorative roses. From easy and fast rosettes, piped royal icing roses, gumpaste fabric roses, to full blown sugar paste roses. All of these techniques are beautiful on cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and sugar paste sprays to keep forever. The plaque sugar cookies above become an extra special favor with the addition of… The Rosette ( Fabric...
Here is one of my first tutorials: lots of pictures but I hope you like it. What you need is your desired colours of petal dusts (I chose sweet butter and later, mixed my own purple with cornflower blue and burgundy) and a good quality paintbrush (used specifically for sugar flowers). I line up my petals and do everything in an assembly line: first one colour and then another. Brush on the colour starting at the edge of the petal and moving in one direction. It is alw...
Sydney has an amazing red dress, every time she wears the dress heads turn to look. Sydney had planned to wear the dress to her dad’s and mine 22nd anniversary. Due to her class schedule and her volunteer work she was unable to join DF and I. She was feeling a little melancholy; this would be the first anniversary celebration she ever missed. I thought sending a cookie that reassembled her dress would bring a smile to her face. The dress is a linen…Read the whole...
TUTORIAL PETIT ROSE CUPCAKE
Hello. This is the 1st time that I’ve attempted a tutorial so please be gentle with me :) I’ve posted it on facebook and it was quite popular so I finally plucked up the courage to share with you guys.It shows you how you can make the funny little squirrel Scratt, from the Ice Age Movies. Hope you like it x g! https://www.faceb...
I made this cake for my husband’s birthday. I used my traditional Russian Honey cake recipe which is my husband’s favourite cake. But you can use any other cake recipe (except for carrot cake because it will be too crumbly). First, I shaped the cake into a shoe using a knife; I also used a teaspoon to scope out some cake to make a hollow part around the ankle. I covered the shoe shaped cake with white chocolate ganache using a spatula and I used a teaspoon for the hollow. ...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries