1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
How to Cover a Square Cake Drum – (12” or smaller) Materials Needed: Cake drum (I always use ½” thick) 12” x 12” sheet scrapbook paper Roll of contact paper Scissors STEP 1Trim your craft paper to the size of your cake board. If you’re using a 12” inch square cake board and a 12” x 12” inch scrapbook sheet (like I’m using today), you don’t have to do any trimming! Awesome! STEP 2Cut your contact paper about 6 inches bigger ...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
This weird deviced is called Sheet rock circle cutter and can be found at your local harware store for about $12. I can’t live with out it!!!
My friends, I am sharing with you all part 1 of my video tutorial on how I made some of the BAUBLE CAKES shown on the photos above. I’ve made BAUBLE CAKES using RKT, baked half sphere cakes and the “cake pop technique”. In this video, I will be showing you all how to make bauble cakes using the “cake pop technique” which in my opinion is the easiest way of making bauble cakes specially for beginners. Bauble cakes are great for Christmas themed individu...
First, you’ll need to gather your resources! So, rummage through your goodies and accumulate your loot! Here you go: A clay extruder (we used the Makin’s Professional Clay Extruder) with the largest circle diskFondant in all of your favorite colors! Now, if you grab your trusty set of real crayons, take a look at them. Do you notice that those pesky wrappers are actually a different color than the crayon? Yeah, I sighed too. So–make sure when you grab your red fondant, take a b...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries