There was a time when I was doing purse cake almost every week, and sometimes more than one. Creating that worn look and texture of a real material led me to experimenting with plastic wrap. Here is the result! I’d say it adds an extra dimension and interest to the whole piece, because we all love our own special purses, even if it has some wrinkles to it! The extra plus of having plastic wrap is that you can pick the whole piece, fondant and wrap, lay it across the cake and smooth ...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
More Tutorials available at my FB page.Thanks
My friends, I am sharing with you all part 1 of my video tutorial on how I made some of the BAUBLE CAKES shown on the photos above. I’ve made BAUBLE CAKES using RKT, baked half sphere cakes and the “cake pop technique”. In this video, I will be showing you all how to make bauble cakes using the “cake pop technique” which in my opinion is the easiest way of making bauble cakes specially for beginners. Bauble cakes are great for Christmas themed individu...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
First, you’ll need to gather your resources! So, rummage through your goodies and accumulate your loot! Here you go: A clay extruder (we used the Makin’s Professional Clay Extruder) with the largest circle diskFondant in all of your favorite colors! Now, if you grab your trusty set of real crayons, take a look at them. Do you notice that those pesky wrappers are actually a different color than the crayon? Yeah, I sighed too. So–make sure when you grab your red fondant, take a b...
Monograms have been a big trend with wedding cakes now for a couple of years. I do at least one or two monograms a month. I have several different methods I use, but this will be my new “easy monogram” method. And I must confess that I been obsessed with Pinterest lately, so I asked my hubby to help me make my tutorial “Pinterest Friendly”. I’m not sure that it is Pinterest Friendly (its longer than I expected), but it is a very easy method for making monogra...
Hello every one ,Here is a tutorial for my Poppy Flower. I am so honoured to be included on http://cakesdecor.com/mbulla/blog/672 list. Thank you Michal. I think pictures are easy to follow but if you have questions please feel free to ask. For more Tutorials visit my FB page https://www.facebook.com/MelinArtCakes
1-first of all you need to use those stencil or any stencil you have / would like , all craft stores carry those stencils ( I got mine from Michaels store for just 3.99 + 25 % off = 2.99 each ) 2-The stuff you would need as in the picture . 3-Open the fondant to the thickness you would like , lightly put and press the stencil on . 4-Put the royal icing (not too much )/ use the medium thickness consistency (not too stiff , not too liquid) . 5- By using the scrapper in angle of 4...
This is the most popular post on my blog, and the most viewed video on my YouTube channel, because it’s something we all have struggled with. In this video tutorial, I will show you my method for getting my cakes ice-rink smooth. And as an added bonus, I will provide my buttercream recipe below the video window. This technique works best with an all butter icing. Feel free to try it with your own recipe, but I am providing my “kids” butter cream recipe if you want to...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- timefortiffin - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries